Talk

Advanced search

To ask how much water (or tea/coffee/juice) are you drinking in this heat?

(16 Posts)
Unsureaboutthepizza Wed 01-Jul-15 09:41:05

Just curious really! There are plenty of warnings to stay hydrated - what does that mean for you? It's 9.30 and I've already drunk two and a half litres of water and a cup of tea confused which feels like a hell of a lot this early in the day, but I am a bit under the weather so probs need it.

What about you?

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Wed 01-Jul-15 09:44:13

on a normal day I probably drink 2litres of water and a glass or two of diet pepsi.

so ive been drinking 2 litres of water at work, plus a coffee, elderflower cordial and then water and pepsi at home. im just sipping at a drink ll day long rather than chugging down a litre at a time. except for after a gym session last niht where I refilled my water bottle twice and straight down. im sure the air con wasn't working.

MrsHathaway Wed 01-Jul-15 09:44:56

That really sounds like a lot. What are you doing about your electrolyte balance? Might be worth eating something salty or chugging a Lucozade.

googoodolly Wed 01-Jul-15 09:48:34

All I've had today is a pint of apple juice so far. I can't drink loads quickly or it sloshes around in my stomach and I feel sick.

Two and a half litres of water by 9.30 is a LOT though.

WorraLiberty Wed 01-Jul-15 09:50:23

Bloody hell, what time did you get up OP?

I alternate between tea and lemon squash with lots of ice.

LornaGoon Wed 01-Jul-15 09:51:42

A really good drink for re-hydration is lime, soda water and a generous pinch of salt. We were given loads of this in India when we were falling out our arses suffering from Delhi Belly. Sends you right side.

Fibbertigibbet Wed 01-Jul-15 09:52:48

I drink just under 3 litres usually, and when it's hot I make it more like 3.5 (although a lot of this is in the form of milkless tea). There's a great app called Plant Nanny that tells you how much you need to drink and reminds you if you go without drinking for a long period of time.

Themoleandcrew Wed 01-Jul-15 09:54:47

So far 1 can of red bull and 2l water. But I have been at work since 430

GobblersKnob Wed 01-Jul-15 09:55:33

Would usually drink about 2.5 litres a day, maybe an additional .5 litre? Not loads extra.

That is a lot to have drunk already unless you got up really, really early, you can get too much of a good think in the case of water, take it easy.

Teacup246 Wed 01-Jul-15 09:55:46

2 x 500ml bottles of water

Skeppers Wed 01-Jul-15 09:56:29

I never really drink loads, maybe 1.5 litres of water a day plus 1 cup of tea/coffee in the morning. I don't feel the need to drink that often and unless I'm thirsty, can't see the point in 'forcing' myself to drink...but the weather definitely makes a difference. I've had 3/4 of a litre of water already this am and am about to get a coffee!

TriJo Wed 01-Jul-15 09:58:51

Around a litre of water and a large americano so far this morning.

Klayden Wed 01-Jul-15 09:58:55

Women should drink 1.6 litres per day but I must admit that I easily double this. blush I am a fluid guzzler. I'm going to try to make sure I don't flood my body in the heat.

CainInThePunting Wed 01-Jul-15 10:01:04

I have a 750 ml bottle to hand all the time, I'm refilling probably about 5 or 6 times at the moment. When I have a pee, a quick glance at the pan tells me if I'm drinking enough or if I need to up my intake. It's always darker first thing though so I have a big drink of water but don't panic about that.

Unsureaboutthepizza Wed 01-Jul-15 10:18:35

Thank you. Hmm. I'll try to cut back, but I just want to keep drinking.

Normally, I get through about 3 litres per day, plus a couple of mugs of hot drinks.

Unsureaboutthepizza Wed 01-Jul-15 10:19:13

That's a good idea to keep an eye on pee colour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now