Talk

Advanced search

This loft company has lost my business already....

(8 Posts)
WorkingBling Tue 30-Jun-15 16:35:08

I feel I need reliable people to do my loft. First, the office said they would email me confirmation of who is visiting and what time. Which I never got. I was willing to let that go. Then, half an hour before the appointment I get a call to say the sales person is running late, is half an hour later ok. I say fine. It's now 35 minutes after the later time and still no loft guy.

I tried calling office to cancel but they are closed. Aibu to tell him not to bother when he turns up? I don't have his mobile so can't call on that.

PHANTOMnamechanger Tue 30-Jun-15 16:36:09

YANBU

PHANTOMnamechanger Tue 30-Jun-15 16:36:54

I would go out.

amistillsexy Tue 30-Jun-15 16:40:33

YA Soo NBU but I would let him come in and do his stuff first. Get the drawings, quote, etc and then write to the head of the company to explain exactly why you have no confidence in their abilities to do a good job.
If you send the salesman away, or go out yourself, he'll get a nice early dart and make up something to blame you back at the office.

WorkingBling Tue 30-Jun-15 16:44:18

I don't really care if he blames me. At the end of the day, this company is not a company I want to work with. He turned up and said, "sorry I'm a bit late". Nothing infuriates me more. More than half an hour is not "a bit" late. He was clearly pissed when I told him to leave but leave he did.

I am glad. He had an annoying looking face. I didn't warm to him when he originally called to say he would he late and I definitely didn't when he finally turned up. His first mistake, call me petty, is to call and say, "just a courtesy call" then proceed to change the time. A courtesy call is to doh me confirm the meeting is still on, at the agreed time. <pedant alert>

WorkingBling Tue 30-Jun-15 16:45:05

Random few meaningless words there. Oops. Phone typing!

TweedAddict Tue 30-Jun-15 16:45:20

I wouldn't even go out. I would just do what I normally would be/need to be doing. If he cames answer the door with a "no sorry your late, not today, bye"

LurkingHusband Tue 30-Jun-15 17:09:25

I feel I need reliable people to do my loft. First, the office said they would email me confirmation of who is visiting and what time. Which I never got

At which point I would have dropped them forever.

Last year we needed some roofing sad. Given the general lack of interest all the roofers we contacted seemed to have in the job (which turned out to be £10,000 worth), I take "there's no work around" sob stories from builders with as much salt as they take sugar in tea.

Apparently it's not normal to expect appointments to be kept, and customers who do need to get with the program (or should that be programme ?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now