Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to comment this on a younique (sp?) post?

(20 Posts)
YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 16:51:48

sorry if I got the spelling wrong but I'm dyslexic so have trouble spelling at the best of times nevermind when someone creates a new word! anyhow!
One of these posts popped up on my facebook newsfeed for the fiftieth time today
"I don't know when not having a guarenteed pay check became anyone dream job?? I'm sorry but i see younique advertised everywhere (and have enquired about becoming a rep months ago) and its clear that its only advertised for your recruitment based commission bonus. Unreliable income on a low commission rate isn't a dream job. If its only 10 percent commission as are most things if you sold 1000 of goods in one month (you'd need to spend all of your time glued to your devices for anything close) you get 100, so persuade me. Publicly why is this a dream job?"
I commented that 15 minutes ago and my comment has been ignored (she replied to a separate comment within a minute of it being posted, plus yonique reps are generally glued to facebook) I left a similar comment on a juice plus advertisement and was messaged abuse and blocked.
AIBU to comment such things? Aibu to think such things? also- they cater to the vulnerable (Single mothers who work long hours and spend out loads for child care for example) and give a seed of guilt working mothers who are mostly happy to be working mothers.
It is also is aimed at those who are in relatively low paid work. I believe you also have to buy the products first, so you could be left with a bunch of stock that you cannot shift! I admit that my comment could come across as hostile but I do work in sales and have done for years, someone leaving/saying a comment such as above is a challenge to give a direct and persuading sales pitch. I haven't received one only abuse and then ignored so aibu to think i'm right in thinking there is no good sales pitch, only guilting desperate and vulnerable people? be honest- you wouldn't leave a job of 30k plus a year to sell that crap despite some saying they did just that

ElementaryMyDear Mon 29-Jun-15 16:55:53

YANBU. You might like to have a look at recent threads on Forever Living and JuicePlus - essentially they all use the same very dodgy business methods.

NRomanoff Mon 29-Jun-15 16:58:54

Yanbu to comment. Yabu to expect a response. They are selling something and you are leaving comments that will put people off.

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 16:58:56

Will do hoping someone out there hates them as much as I do
It really really grinds my gears and i feel like throwing my laptop every time I see a post from one! grr.

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:00:40

Nroman, Actually it could BRING buyers. An attractive thing for me to see as a sales person is someone criticizing a product and the seller countering it with 3x as many good reasons, so essentially I'm not putting people off, her (the sellers) non response has put people off IMO.

ghostyslovesheep Mon 29-Jun-15 17:02:27

there's a couple of ugly things on this thread

but they aren't dogs!

whothehellknows Mon 29-Jun-15 17:07:47

Is Younique the one that sells mascara?

Goshthatsspicy Mon 29-Jun-15 17:11:19

Is that mascara as good as it looks?

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:13:10

Gosh- My sister bought it, didn't think much of it so gave it to me. I used it and it made me look like i'd killed a tarantula and stuck it to my lashline. not a good look

CrystalHaze Mon 29-Jun-15 17:13:23

Wrong thread, ghosty? confused

Do it, OP. This stuff needs to be questioned,and questioned openly. If there's nothing to hide, the answers will be upfront. If it's all tissue-thin promises of 'riches tomorrow', they'll go on the defensive.

Goshthatsspicy Mon 29-Jun-15 17:15:50

Okay then. I think l will stick with my regular one then. grin

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:17:19

Crystal I've still had absolutely no response. Is there anyone out there actively challenging them on a larger level? imo there should be- they pray on the weak and vulnerable and eventually collapse when no more members will join and leave everyone out of pocket. its pyramid scheme sales and never ends well, but unfortunately i think its perfectly legal if they have something to sell with it.

ghostyslovesheep Mon 29-Jun-15 17:19:32

absolutely grin clicked back and my computer decided to go too far back - it was supposed to be the dog thread grin

as you where!

CrystalHaze Mon 29-Jun-15 17:23:16

Thought it must have been meant for the dog thread, ghosty grin

CrystalHaze Mon 29-Jun-15 17:27:42

I wish there was someone 'big' taking this on, YUDO, but I'm looking into getting something started. This preying on mothers who want to work from home, via the ubiquity of social media, is getting more irritating by the day.

We all know that journos trawl forums looking for topical issues to report on. I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been picked up already confused

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:33:19

I got a reply!
"if you don't see the potential in it its not for you sorry"
Bare in mind she only replied because I commented again saying "Your lack of response speaks for itself". As I typed my reply then pressed enter its clear i was either blocked or she deleted the post. Oh well. a brilliant salesperson! hmm

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:34:21

Crystal, PM me if you need help or social media sharing. I'm more than happy to help get something started as I think its disgusting at best

NRomanoff Mon 29-Jun-15 17:40:09

They don't have any brilliant answers though! That's the point! So full of shit! That's why you should continue to do so but not worry about response back

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:44:44

I don't worry about posts back, the lack of response will speak for itself but if any of these so called managers, team leaders and trainers had half a brain cell between them they'd give them pre written responses to such questions so they could attract customers not put them off.

YUDOTHIS Mon 29-Jun-15 17:50:22

If anything I'm annoyed as I feel sorry for the reps of these stupid companies.
They're thrown in the deep end, manipulated into shelling out at least 100 quid (alot to some people, especially those on jsa thats half of their months income) to buy the crappy products at a "discounted price" very obviously given no support or training other than a copy and paste message to spam everyone with and if they don't have to buy the products they have to sell at least 160 (I know someone who used to be a FL rep and thats how it worked then) before they even see a commission bonus!
I work in sales and do work on a part commission bonus, I dislike sharing financial information but I will so people can see how different it is in contrast. I am paid £7.50 per hour plus £10 per sale that I make (I hope this doesn't come across as advertisement i'm trying not to make it sound as such, no we have no vacancies and no i'm not giving you the name of my company) I also work in an actual office and was expected to have qualifications and a knowledge of the sales industry. I wasn't expected to shell out hundreds for the sake of £2.50 a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now