Talk

Advanced search

Terrible neighbours

(9 Posts)
dollyholly123 Mon 29-Jun-15 11:21:40

I used to look forward to the summer, but since the woman has moved in across the way, I pray for rain and overcast days. She's an absolute bloody nightmare...from morning til night she sits in the front garden with her little mob of cronies and it's really quite scary.A few of the gang smoke weed, and it's so strong I can't even have my front window open , I kid you not, jeez it's strong!!! They drink booze til late and the noise is unbearable...NOT TO MENTION THE FOUL LANGUAGE...when I walk to work around midday they all stop and stare and make some stupid comments about my uniform, and then carry on with their antics...is there anything I can do apart from doing a rain dance in the back garden??? I can't approach this mob, they are truly petrifying...AIBU?

DumbledoresKnobblyWand Mon 29-Jun-15 11:30:28

I used to be you. Potent weed smoking, sitting outside with gangs of rowdy, beer-drinking, topless yoofs.

Do you have a community support officer dedicated to your area? I know, they're generally not regarded as paragons of peace-keeping, but have a word with yours.

We had a group of PCSOs visit our road to document any concerns the residents may have and were very helpful regarding my knobhead neighbours. They got raided by the police and from what I gathered it was a fruitful exercise.

scarlets Mon 29-Jun-15 13:40:41

Call 101 and report them.

Signlake Mon 29-Jun-15 14:04:41

I'd report them too OP. Pathetic behaviour

EmeraldThief Mon 29-Jun-15 15:12:31

I'd probably say something like "well at least I have a job you lazy cunts" in response to the snide comments about your uniform.

MrsV2012 Mon 29-Jun-15 15:31:50

We actually sold our house because of our neighbour.
Smoking weed day and night, music blaring constantly, an assortment of weirdos coming and going all the time.
We arranged a small group of friends and family to celebrate my finally graduating Uni (degree taken later in life due to having DCs in my 20s). Friends came, and then, so did the Police, my neighbour had complained about the noise confused
I knocked on his door, told him he was a bloody hypocrite, and should turn his own music down, stop smoking pot, get a job and a life.
He phoned 999, said he was in danger, and I was arrested.
It came to nothing obviously, but it served one purpose. We sold our house, and had moved to a new area by the end of that year.
I found out recently from my DGM, he had to sell his house to repay a load of debt, and now lives in a little block of flats which is full of teenagers and I couldn't be happier grin

OP, if they are half as bad as my old vile neighbour, I would leave. I did

BeckerLleytonnever Mon 29-Jun-15 17:01:59

Noticing a million threads lately about nightmare neighbours, all because the sun dares make an appearance and they all comeout in their droves and spoil it all for everyone elae.

im sick of these people getting away with it, they NEVER get done for drugs/antisocial behaviour/disturbance of the peace etc etc, no matter how many times theyre reported.

police mujst be scared of them or something.

but REPORT the drugs at least, kids/elderly and others may be inhaling it all by proxy.

flora717 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:40:11

Report the drugs.

Iliveinalighthousewith2friendl Mon 29-Jun-15 18:25:04

Another one saying call 101. This is bullying and intimidation.
Commenting on your uniform. That's something a 12 year wouldn't do. It seems like she is still mentally still on the play ground. Also at least you have a job. That is not a dig at the unemployed before I am chewed up and roasted on a pit fork, and served up to the whole of the MN community. grin
But in this bullying nasty bitch's case I give myself permission to make an exeption

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now