out of control children

(12 Posts)
piggybrownhare Sun 28-Jun-15 22:31:14

Neighbour has 5 children in a small 3 bed semi. The middle 2 (8) are allowed to run wild and do not get much supervision. On weekends they are out to play at around 9 am and out all day and evening. One of the younger ones (3) can be seen sitting in the bathroom window with his legs hanging out and climbs on top of wheelie bins. He throws objects into our back garden every day, mostly shoes, toys, clothing. One of the 8 year old scales the adjoining fence and climbs into our back garden when we are not there. We have installed CCTV due to another issue. When we returned after an outing our front garden was all out of place, things moved and plants squashed. Upon checking the cctv one of the 8 yr old can be seen with a bamboo cane, removed from our garden, bashing all the plants and jumping on shrubs. His rampage lasts a good 5 minutes before he runs off straight through our hedge.
I knocked on the door and was really polite. I just said 'I don't want to cause trouble but x has been jumping on our plants and hitting them with a stick, would you ask him not to do that, I know he doesn't mean any harm etc'. It was dad who answered the door and he seemed to take it well, he said he had been told off for that and said that he would talk to him. I have been ignored by the mother today and I am completley pissed off. If it was one of mine I would have apologised and I would be making an effort to control the other kids. I feel like she doesn't really care what they are doing as long as they are out of the way. I desperately need to vent. So AIBU to expect her to control her kids or am I being judgmental and should I ignore the behaviour and get in with it?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 28-Jun-15 22:38:45

Apart from the cctv are you me?

piggybrownhare Sun 28-Jun-15 22:52:31

Haha maybe you live on the other side of them! Or maybe there are more like them out there!

piggybrownhare Mon 29-Jun-15 06:30:35

Come on then

CamelHump Mon 29-Jun-15 06:35:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MTWTFSS Mon 29-Jun-15 06:49:52

Time to get an electric fence smile

selly24 Mon 29-Jun-15 06:50:56

**One of the younger ones (3) can be seen sitting in the bathroom window with his legs hanging out and climbs on top of wheelie bins.

This is concerning given the age. Why aren't all the children being closely supervised? As you have footage of the 8 year old, I would call nspcc and talk through the events you have witnessed. Something strikes me as not quite right when the children are up to all sorts without the parents knowledge and if they do know even worse.....

Bettercallsaul1 Mon 29-Jun-15 07:02:26

That sounds utterly horrendous, OP, and you sound very, very forbearing!

I'm sorry for the children too - they are not being shown the right way to behave.

nemo81 Mon 29-Jun-15 07:44:17

I would be angry too. Can i just say that this is not a reflection on how larger families bring up their children.

I have more than 5 but they don't behave that way!

pollyisnotputtingthekettleon Mon 29-Jun-15 07:50:12

They are probably on the radar at school already. So a call to SS to log concerns wont harm.

popalot Mon 29-Jun-15 10:11:44

The 3 year old hanging out the bathroom window is a child safety concern. Could be they need a visit and a bit of help parenting. Speak to NSPCC and see what they say.

Buffyitout Mon 29-Jun-15 10:37:12

She's got 5 kids including 8 year old twins, and at least one of the kids is a pickle? Get round there and make her a brew I bet she's knackered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now