Talk

Advanced search

Ex staring into my living room window before DC pick up -aibu?

(8 Posts)
MotorwayMonkey Sun 28-Jun-15 18:23:55

Firstly, I don't get on with my ex at all. I find him stroppy, rude, passive aggressive etc.

I was sitting in the living room, playing around on my laptop, when all of a sudden I notice that he is standing at the bay windows facing straight into the living room staring at me. He didn't ring the bell or anything, he was just standing there. TBH I jumped out of my skin and found the whole thing really irritating, intrusive and actually quite creepy. When I open the door I tell him not to do that again, and asked how long he had been standing there. I asked him why he didn't just ring the bell and he said that he thought it would just be easier to get my attention but standing by the window. He starting rolling his eyes and getting really stroppy saying that he doesn't know anyone like me, that anyone else in the world wouldn't have a problem with this and making out as though I was some sort of weirdo. I should point out that I didn't shout or in any other way aggressive, just telling him how I felt.

BTW he was round to pick up DC for the night.

AIBU to find this annoying?

steppedonlego Sun 28-Jun-15 18:25:06

YANBU that does sound weird and creepy. Sounds like he's just doing it to annoy you.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 28-Jun-15 18:25:46

Of course you're not unreasonable but he's doing it to annoy you so don't let it

FenellaFellorick Sun 28-Jun-15 18:25:58

Not at all. Its intrusive.

I suppose walking over to the window, looking him in the eye and slowly closing the curtains would be considered childish? grin

flora717 Sun 28-Jun-15 18:26:49

Calling you a weirdo for it? That's very defensive. It sounds like you've caught him at his creepy habit and he's over reacting to being told to stop.

Wideopenspace Sun 28-Jun-15 18:27:20

yup. Weird.

Madlizzy Sun 28-Jun-15 18:29:14

He's the weirdo! I'd get yourself some nets or something.

GERTI Sun 28-Jun-15 18:48:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now