Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

or is 7.15am on a weekend too early...

(34 Posts)
Shirleycantbe Sat 27-Jun-15 22:26:06

to let kids out onto the trampoline?

Our neighbours (3 doors down), and fairly good friends, have just bought a trampoline. The last 2 weekends this kids have been outside on it from 7am ish, shouting and screaming and waking us up. Our bedroom backs onto the gardens, theirs is at the front of the house so they may not realise how noisy it is.

I don't want to cause hard feelings but this is too early on a weekend isn't it?

How can I phrase this politely....?

Twasthecatthatdidit Sat 27-Jun-15 22:29:06

Oh my god, far too early. Don't know how you phrase it if they're friends though!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sat 27-Jun-15 22:30:10

I would have thought 8 was more sociable.
Doubt if it will last long for you. Knowing how kids get bored of things, the British weather...
Can you put up with it for a couple of weeks? If they continue after that, explain that you are working late or ill or something and need a lie-in?

MrsBungle Sat 27-Jun-15 22:30:16

Far too early. My children don't go outside until 9am earliest.

OwlsEscapade Sat 27-Jun-15 22:31:50

That's waaaay too early. There seems to be an unofficial 9 o'clock rule around where I live which seems reasonable to me.

msgrinch Sat 27-Jun-15 22:32:29

9 am is the earliest I'd allow mine out. It's just rude and inconsiderate otherwise.

Shirleycantbe Sat 27-Jun-15 22:35:07

That's the thing - I like them, have the occasional coffee with the mum, have had them round for a bbq recently - but to me, letting your kids outside shrieking and shouting on a weekend before 9am is utterly inconceivable..

what to tactfully say though????!!!

OwlsEscapade Sat 27-Jun-15 22:35:38

I would just tell them straight.

Hey Friends, I wanted to ask if you could not let your kids play on their trampoline until a bit later in the morning as they have woken us a few times. I was thinking that 9 o'clock would be reasonable. Would that be ok. We would really appreciate it.

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 27-Jun-15 22:35:48

Waaay too early!

You say they're good friends, so really, they should be approachable. Along the lines of - 'look, I really don't like being woken that early on the weekends - could they watch some TV for a bit before they go out to the trampoline? Thanks!'

calzone Sat 27-Jun-15 22:36:31

An anonymous letter would work.

SisterNancySinatra Sat 27-Jun-15 22:37:16

You need to train yourself to sleep heavier, my Dh was actually able to carry on sleeping when our kids were actually screaming in hes ear.

msgrinch Sat 27-Jun-15 22:39:12

I'd just politely ask them honestly and explain the problem. Hopefully they'd understand.

Mintyy Sat 27-Jun-15 22:40:35

Yes, too early. See 10,000 previous threads on Mumsnet on this issue.

crustsaway Sat 27-Jun-15 22:40:52

That is rather rude of them and far too early.

And yes, I'd tell my "good friend" to bloody stop it! because I could.

crustsaway Sat 27-Jun-15 22:44:08

Thinking about it, they've probably shoved them out in the garden to have a lie in grin Still not on though, whilst I do have a smidgen of sympathy there.

0x530x610x750x630x79 Sat 27-Jun-15 22:53:14

I get woken up by the cows way before that in the summer, should i complain to the farmer and ask him to keep his cows quiet?

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 27-Jun-15 23:47:06

If the cows are "shouting and screaming", I think you should complain, 0x530. hmm

Woooooohoooooo Sat 27-Jun-15 23:53:42

Never seen cows bouncing madly and screaming on a trampoline.

7.15 is too early on the weekend. I recon 8.30am is just about ok

bloodyteenagers Sun 28-Jun-15 00:06:32

So you are comparing animals to children?

Way too early...I would be very surprised if you would be the only one to complain.

As for train yourself to sleep deeper.. Nope. Not happening. Parents should train their kids to not make noise at unsociable hours..

AndNowItsSeven Sun 28-Jun-15 00:15:04

Try muffles ear plugs from boots.

The5DayChicken Sun 28-Jun-15 01:25:02

I'd love to see a cow on a trampoline. misses point

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 28-Jun-15 07:38:53

grin. LMFAO. Imagining a cow bouncing up and down on a trampoline
All jokes aside though. It's just just too early. It is the height of rudeness and bad manners.

Purplehonesty Sun 28-Jun-15 08:16:17

That is too early. I let mine out about 8.30 but we only have one neighbour (my dad) and no shouting til 9.30 when I know he will be awake.

SchwarzwalderKirschtorte Sun 28-Jun-15 08:17:51

I'd love to see a cow on a trampoline.

Milk shake anyone? grin

Meechimoo Sun 28-Jun-15 08:32:22

I allow ours out at 9am earliest (later on a Sunday)
One of the reasons I got rid of our trampoline was because the constant high pitched screaming and squeak squeak squeak of the springs drove me round the bend.
(And yes I did tell the kids to be quiet over and over and over again. But have you tried to use a trampoline quietly? Ain't happening)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now