Talk

Advanced search

To have bagged up DS's poo and put it in the dog poo bin?

(44 Posts)
listsandbudgets Sat 27-Jun-15 17:31:33

DS is having trouble with potty training but improviing.

This morning I took him and dd to the park to play and have a picnic and 10 minutes after we go there he did a huge poo. I went to use the public toilets but they were so vile - needles and syringes and vomit on the floor and vandalised as well that i took him outside cleaned him up and changed him. I was left with a large lump of poo and wetwipes in a bag so not really wanting to take it home with me decided to put it in the dog poo bin.

Just as I dropped it in a woman came over and said "its only for dog poo you know you haven't got a dog. I ignored her and walked off. I think she knew what I'd done but it was all I could think of. I didn'tt want to risk going iinto the toilets with open sandels on and I'm not sure they would have flushed anyway

WIBU?

MrsPnut Sat 27-Jun-15 17:33:57

I'd have done exactly the same as you, human poo or dog poo - who's going to know! They don't Dna test it.

PatMustardsBigTool Sat 27-Jun-15 17:34:18

YANBU, better than it going in a normal bin I suppose. Sounds like a busybody. Maybe she thought you were putting normal rubbish in there? Don't give it another thought.

Sansarya Sat 27-Jun-15 17:34:24

Huh? Shit is shit isn't it? Doesn't matter what species it's come from.

Piratejones Sat 27-Jun-15 17:34:40

In this situation i don't think so, i probably would have done the same.

Reignbeau Sat 27-Jun-15 17:34:43

YANBU and she was weird. What difference does it make what kind of poo it was, I wouldn't carry that around with me if there was a poo disposal bin handy.

CrohnicallyAspie Sat 27-Jun-15 17:35:31

I have done it before when there weren't any toilets nearby and DD (2) had to go- she pooed behind a bush and I bagged it and binned it in the dog bin. I figured it was more appropriate than putting it in the regular waste bin.

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 27-Jun-15 17:35:47

I'd have done the same. Don't let the woman's comment bother you.

Soundofsettling Sat 27-Jun-15 17:36:09

Yanbu, but phone the council and report the state of the toilets being unsafe.

I think you would have been fine saying that the toilets arent appropriate for a little one with the kind of litter in there!

TheCunnyFunt Sat 27-Jun-15 17:48:37

Yanbu at all, I'd have done exactly the same in your position.

WireCat Sat 27-Jun-15 17:53:58

Yambu. It's all shit!

toomuchtooold Sat 27-Jun-15 17:56:14

YANBU. I swear some people just stalk toddlers in order to have something to complain about.

meercat23 Sat 27-Jun-15 17:57:51

Perhaps she thought you were just putting ordinary litter in there and not poo related litter. If she did know she was just being daft. Much more sensible solution than putting it in an ordinary litter bin

CuppaSarah Sat 27-Jun-15 18:01:53

Pretty sure its no problem. Poo goes in a poo bin so those emptying it can take hygiene precautions. Doesn't matter whose poo it is, biological waste has its own procedures, dog or not I would think. You really can't be carrying a bag of poo and a normal bin is a no go. B

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Sat 27-Jun-15 18:06:03

I think the problem was she didn't know what you'd done and didn't realise you were disposing of poo. She couldn't think where else you'd have got poo from as you didn't have a dog. So thought it was litter you were putting in there. I think had she known she'd be the kind of person who would rather it went in that rather than the litter bin.

The council need to know the toilets were unfit for purpose.

Volenflo Sat 27-Jun-15 18:06:57

Shit is shit!

Fatstacks Sat 27-Jun-15 18:08:06

I saw a man doing a poo in a dog poo bin.

Honest.

Actually curling one out!

It was in Hull sad I'm never going there again.

ThisIsClemFandango Sat 27-Jun-15 18:08:36

YANBU - you did your best out of a bad situation! I'm not sure what else I would have done if I were you.

Hezaire Sat 27-Jun-15 18:09:53

The woman was after an argument. She'll be one of those types who goes around all day moaning about everyone else and then she will go home at night and moan about everyone she's met and how there are no nice people left in the world apart from her.
You did a normal thing

TheGreatAndPowerfulTrixie Sat 27-Jun-15 18:14:57

If you are then I am. I did exactly the same when my daughter slipped one out in a park once. There were no toilets nearby so had to do an emergency wee behind a tree. Surely it's better to pick it up and put it in a shit bin than either leave it or take it home on the bus.

sebsmummy1 Sat 27-Jun-15 18:18:21

I think human excrement is handled as chemical waste, not sure if dog poo is as well?

AlpacaMyBags Sat 27-Jun-15 18:18:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TowerRavenSeven Sat 27-Jun-15 18:21:44

Yanbu, I suppose you could have asked her if she's like it!

TowerRavenSeven Sat 27-Jun-15 18:22:48

She'd like it obviously!

LotsaDots Sat 27-Jun-15 18:30:01

yanbu. I bet she doesn't challenge the dug users who use the toilets for the wrong purpose. nosy woman. Don't worry I'd put it in the poo bin too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now