Talk

Advanced search

I probably am but

(23 Posts)
Loobylou3 Sat 27-Jun-15 07:21:12

I am a little upset that my dd came home from school yesterday with a certificate with a completely random surname on! she is the only child in her school with her name and it is definitely her certificate but they surname is wrong!

OneDoneOneBun Sat 27-Jun-15 07:22:34

Why don't you call them and explain and ask them to give her a new one? Tell them you're keeping them all for when she's older. Not that it should be wrong in the first place

Loobylou3 Sat 27-Jun-15 07:26:10

we will take it on Monday. ..I guess I am just a bit disappointed really. I am a stickler for attention to detail so it just got me a bit cross!

OneDoneOneBun Sat 27-Jun-15 07:29:41

Oh yes it's Saturday! Baby brain wink

NRomanoff Sat 27-Jun-15 07:34:03

Just take it in, and ask them to rectify it. Yabu to be upset by it, it's a mistake. Everyone makes them.

AuntyMag10 Sat 27-Jun-15 07:35:18

It's just a mistake which can be very easily fixed. No need to be upset the entire weekend over this.

CrystalHaze Sat 27-Jun-15 08:07:34

Why does that upset you?confused

It's obviously just been a mix up and easily be rectified on Monday.

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 27-Jun-15 08:12:30

YABU. You're 'upset'? Really? And look - you can be a 'stickler for detail' all you like (some might call it unrealistically pernickety) but you can't legislate against other people making the occasional mistake. It's not personal and nobody died.
Get it fixed Monday.

DawnOfTheDoggers Sat 27-Jun-15 08:15:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teacher54321 Sat 27-Jun-15 08:17:40

They won't have done it on purpose-just call on Monday and ask them (in a non-snotty way) to change it for you. They did a nice thing, people are busy, mistakes happen.

tigermoll Sat 27-Jun-15 08:54:23

Any chance that in ten years this will be one of those funny family jokes? I'd keep the original certificate if I was you.

Loobylou3 Sat 27-Jun-15 08:57:49

I accept I am being unreasonable. But just to clarify the certificate is handwritten and there is no one else in her class with that surname amd yes I do know as there are only 13 other children in her class!

CamelHump Sat 27-Jun-15 09:03:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Silvercatowner Sat 27-Jun-15 09:04:26

Someone has made a mistake. People do from time to time. I bet the teacher has done this because admin are too busy - the teacher will be drowning in reports and end of term/year stuff at the moment.

CarolBornAMan Sat 27-Jun-15 09:06:55

Stickler for detail with the mistakes in that first post.. Hmmm glass houses anyone?

MidniteScribbler Sat 27-Jun-15 09:23:31

If the teacher is anything like me, the weekly award is probably done at about 11pm on a Sunday night, if not at 8:00am for presentation on Monday morning. It was a mistake, everyone makes them. I'm sure the teacher will be mortified and replace it.

timefortiggy Sat 27-Jun-15 09:30:08

Jings it would be in the bin after a 4 holding period round hereblush

ToadsJustFellFromTheSky Sat 27-Jun-15 09:43:27

Yabu. Just have it corrected on Monday.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Sat 27-Jun-15 09:53:36

My god woman get a bloody grip! You do realise there's people and children dying, that's something to be upset by. FWP

Pancakeflipper Sat 27-Jun-15 09:54:18

Oooh Carolborn - you did make me giggle and re-read the initial post.

My DS2 once came home with a cert with the name Alistair Campbell on it. Totally not his name though a Scottish link.
Turns out the TA was ploughing through paper work, fell into a day-dream and put on the name of Tony Blair's buddy. I didn't ask. We were both cringing by this point.

I still have that cert because it makes me laugh.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sat 27-Jun-15 10:10:31

That would really tickle me if that happened to DS. Just ask for a new one.

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 27-Jun-15 14:37:33

Are you happy she got a certificate or has the dreadful name trauma put a total damper on any joy you may have experienced?
Headtilt time I think.

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Sat 27-Jun-15 15:10:22

So someone wrote the wrong name. So what? The things people on here choose to get upset about never cease to amaze in their silliness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now