Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worried about au pair with a UK bank account associated with my address

(7 Posts)
Ghostlife Sat 27-Jun-15 06:01:23

She is leaving next week. She has not been a great au pair and is very money orientated. I don't trust her to inform her bank she is leaving the UK. I don't know who she got a bank account with so how do I disassociate her from my address?

olivaceous Sat 27-Jun-15 06:09:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madgirlslovesong Sat 27-Jun-15 06:12:32

It doesn't matter. Credit rating is linked to the person and not the address so it wouldn't affect you.

BeetlebumShesAGun Sat 27-Jun-15 06:16:03

If it's your credit file being affected you're concerned about, don't be. I work for a credit card firm and checking credit files is one of my daily responsibilities in my role. Credit files are now only linked via your name rather than address, so even if someone living at your address has bad credit, it won't affect yours (unless you are financially linked with them, e.g joint account, mortgage).

If you're worried about debt collection if any letters come for her just write "not known at this address" on them and put them back in the postbox. The company should put a block on any letters going to that address unless they are letters they are legally required to send out.

Hope that helps smile sorry if not!

Yuleloglatte Sat 27-Jun-15 07:05:26

I really wouldn't worry. I foster teenagers who take out credit from my address a lot - mobile phone, gym etc and then default. I have the odd bailiff but still have an excellent credit rating!

Ghostlife Sat 27-Jun-15 07:49:31

Thanks so much everyone I feel so much better. Can't wait for her to leave.

olivaceous Sat 27-Jun-15 08:33:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now