Advanced search

Do I report my neighbour for drink driving?

(20 Posts)
Stinkylinky Fri 26-Jun-15 19:43:53

It's fair to say, I'm not the biggest fan of my NDN's, not a day goes by without some sort of incident.

Mrs NDN has kicked her boyfriend out (this happens quite a lot) but he doesn't go anywhere, he will sit in the residents car park in his car for days until she lets him back in. He drinks the whole time, with the engine running and music playing (loudly at times) he's even used the car park as a toilet for both number 1s and 2s and quite frankly, it's disgusting.

Now he is out in the car park, drinking his way through a 24 pack of carling.

I really want to report this but every time I've reported anything else, nothing gets done (like the time their kids stole their car and were joy riding and damaged a few other cars on the street) and if they think it was me, they are likely to damage our car and/or property.

What would you do?

woowoo22 Fri 26-Jun-15 19:58:08

I would. Why would they think it was you? What horrible horrible people.

FenellaFellorick Fri 26-Jun-15 19:59:17

I would report it.

GERTI Fri 26-Jun-15 20:03:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UglyBugaz Fri 26-Jun-15 20:11:16

urgh he poops in the car park, what a disgusting prick yes you should report him.
If they ask if it was you just say no, you are so obsessed with me it's creepy.

TrinityForce Fri 26-Jun-15 20:12:35

But he isn't drink driving if he's just sat in the car...

UglyBugaz Fri 26-Jun-15 20:12:51

You should set up a camera outside your house too just in case they do damage your car

TrinityForce Fri 26-Jun-15 20:13:28

Who polices the residents car park? I'd report to the council or letting agency of their house that a resident is living and shitting in the carpark.

HellBoundNothingFound Fri 26-Jun-15 20:15:58

If his keys are in the ignition and he's drinking the police will do something

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 26-Jun-15 20:16:31

It's an offence to be in charge of a vehicle while under the influence, he doesn't need to drive it anywhere he just needs to be sat in it with the keys in the ignition.

sadwidow28 Fri 26-Jun-15 20:20:01

The police won't do anything whilst he is in a private car park.


“a person is in charge of any motor vehicle on a road or other public place after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in his breath, blood or urine exceeds the prescribed limit he is guilty of an offence”

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 26-Jun-15 20:25:43

That could depend on whether or not the general public have access to the car park the laws can be applied in car parks that have public access, it could be deemed private if there a barrier preventing general access to the car park or it displays a sign saying it is private property.

Aeroflotgirl Fri 26-Jun-15 20:25:55

I would report it to tge Police, dreadful behaviour.

FlatWhiteToGo Fri 26-Jun-15 21:35:57

I would absolutely report it (though non emergency police line). If he drives and kills/injures someone you will never forgive yourself. It's just not worth the risk.

Zettina Fri 26-Jun-15 21:37:24

I would . Drunk driving kills people.

NerrSnerr Fri 26-Jun-15 21:39:16

That bloke from the BT adverts gone done for drink driving (or drunk in charge of a car) when he was asleep in a carpark wasn't he? I will try and find a link.

NerrSnerr Fri 26-Jun-15 21:41:30

Ah ok it was failure to supply too but he was asleep in his car and still got done

NerrSnerr Fri 26-Jun-15 21:41:57

Sorry- working link

MajesticWhine Fri 26-Jun-15 21:42:43

It's anti social behaviour at worst, but yes I would report it

sadwidow28 Fri 26-Jun-15 23:33:47

NerrSnerr That is an excellent link for purposes of this discussion. A supermarket car park is deemed as 'public' because it allows open public access.

However, a residents' car park does not come under the same Road Traffic Act for drunk in charge of a vehicle whilst he doesn't actually move it.

Urinating and defecating in public are not offences in themselves. Clearly if perpetrators expose themselves, are belligerent and abusive or drunk and incapable they may fall foul of other existing legislation and be dealt with accordingly by a police officer at the time. It is then appropriate to call the police on 101

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: