Talk

Advanced search

School parking rant

(5 Posts)
whatbecomesofsnow Fri 26-Jun-15 15:28:33

another wonderfull parking thread

I work in a local school and today we had sports day were the parents could come to watch, I finish earlier than the school lets out so was careful to park were I thought it would be easy to get out eg right next to the exit nb the car park is not the schools we are just allowed to use it so other non parents would be using it as well

So come my time to leave the increadibly inconsiderate parents have parked so about 40-50 cars have no chance of getting out including me
there are several roads in a 20meter radius were there is loads of free and safe parking
I had to walk home, yes I know poor me, be late picking DD up and i now have to walk DD back later to pick it up and try to fit the spare buggy in the boot wich is full, it also dosent help that i have Crohn's which has only just been diagnosed so is not under control yet

These are the same parents who were standing chatting while their kids were behaving awfully then glaring at the staff when we told them to behave
Couldnt have asked the parents to move the cars as after inconsiderate arse no 1 parked badly other folloed suit it would have required about 10-15 cars to be moved in the right order

WIBU to have keyed their cars or let their tyres down?

ginmakesitallok Fri 26-Jun-15 15:30:15

If they were blocking 50_60 cars why didn't you call the police?

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Fri 26-Jun-15 15:56:25

you could have asked them to move - and they all could have moved!

next time call the police re blocked cars - can anyone else get the car for you/sit with DD while you go there? walk dd without a buggy or leave it in the school and collect it later? Go tomorrow to get car and make a game of the walk?

(just some ideas ... not trying to minimise your frustration)

Littleorangecat Fri 26-Jun-15 16:06:34

Awful that you have crohns, I'm suffering too and I know how important it is to make a quick get away if you need the loo but you really can't key people's cars for this.
It would have been better that the head addresses the inconsiderate parking over the tannoy reading number plates out to name & shame grin

ThreeLeggedHaggis Fri 26-Jun-15 16:54:42

I don't understand why you left rather than finding out whose car it was and getting them to move? Or multiple cars if necessary. The more inconvenience you cause them the better - they might think again next time they park like idiots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now