Talk

Advanced search

To wish the world would fuck off and leave me alone?

(13 Posts)
Bogeyface Fri 26-Jun-15 14:15:52

Every single time I think things might be improving, something else happens sad

Its been utter shite since H got made redundant nearly 3 years ago, one thing after another. Just got to the point where he is back in his career at almost the same point he was at when he got canned and I was thinking that finally we could get some savings behind us again, after we had to use them to pay the mortgage etc in the 8 months it took us to find work, and things just keep going wrong.

The car needs fixing, the kitchen needs a couple of major repairs and now the fucking washing machine has broken down and isnt financially viable to repair. The freelance client that I took on as a favour on the understanding that there would be a certain amount of work has not come through, I didnt want to take him on but I did it through a friend and I really regretting that, so my income is virtually zero now.....

Been in tears already today, I am just utterly sick of this shite.

Surely it must be someone elses turn soon? And can somebody please tell the universe that I can not in fact pull tenners out of my arse whenever something needs paying for sad

Ledkr Fri 26-Jun-15 14:18:35

Oh god boges I dont know what to say but I know the feeling.
Would it help to list any good stuff that's going on?

Ledkr Fri 26-Jun-15 14:20:07

Our house is falling down around out ears. We've spent so much time and money trying to fix our leaking shower that we could have had a whole new one fitted shock

Bogeyface Fri 26-Jun-15 14:22:07

Thank Led

tbh the honest the mood I am in now I feel like there is nothing good going on. I am sure there is but right now I cant see it.

And shit head ex has decided (again) that maintenance for DD is optional so hasnt bothered paying this month (again) so I now have to jump through the CSA hoops in order to get it out of him (again).

Bogeyface Fri 26-Jun-15 14:23:15

I know what you mean about the shower. You do a fix, then another fix .... but because its not all coming out in one big lump sum it doesnt feel so bad, until you add it all up...hmm

I've got a hook and watering can you can have! wink

ShipShapeAhoy Fri 26-Jun-15 14:23:26

Your freelance client...can you tell them to buck up their ideas? You were expecting work from them that hasn't come in, say if it doesn't change within X amount of time you'll have no option but to drop them. (Or however it works).

kinkyfuckery Fri 26-Jun-15 14:27:55

Please don't give up hope. My dad was made redundant a few years back and it took him a couple of years to find work. Whilst he was with this employer, he sadly had to go off on long term sick after the loss of a loved one. After a period, the company terminated his employment. My parents had to sell their house and move into the constant upheaval of private letting - with no financial assistance from benefits, as on paper my mum earns 'enough' (though not when they've gotten themselves in debt in the first place). They've been shipped from pillar to post, with no sign of a job on the horizon for a 60+ year old man, and no savings.

Fast forward five years and they are newly living in a council bungalow - halving their rent costs, both working full time and things are really looking up for them at last.

This too shall pass...

greenhill Fri 26-Jun-15 14:28:24

Are you doing the freelance work to keep your hand in and not have empty spaces on your cv? If it's costing you money to do the work, you have to drop it.

FarFromAnyRoad Fri 26-Jun-15 14:39:54

All I can tell you is it will end. It will. Just been through 7 years of this shit but apart from the oven blowing itself up this year has been free of flying shitballs. I suppose even saying that is tempting fate...........
I got through it by listing stuff on ebay - it's amazing what sells!

WorraLiberty Fri 26-Jun-15 14:41:56

Hope it comes to an end soon OP and you have a run of good luck thanks

Far, why were you cooking shitballs in your oven? No wonder it blew up.

Everyone knows they're stir-fry only.

thenightsky Fri 26-Jun-15 14:50:11

DH got made redundant 4 times. Each time was at points where we'd just got our heads above water.. so it pushed us back under again. Our luck changed after about 20 years of shit, but he did end up in a job he doesn't like that much. He's been too terrified to look for something else in case it's not stable. We 've concluded that stable decent reliable salary is worth far more than going to work for pleasure.

FarFromAnyRoad Fri 26-Jun-15 14:52:57

Fuck it Worra - you'd think there'd have been a warning about that wouldn't you.
Who knew?

grin

Mandatorymongoose Fri 26-Jun-15 15:13:33

I sometimes wonder if life is just swinging from one disaster to another with occasional periods of brief respite inbetween. I used to think it was just mine but actually I think it's everyone's.

You could adopt my strategy - I'm pretending I'm working on the PC in the bedroom but really I'm in bed under the covers hiding on mumsnet and hoping it might all go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now