Talk

Advanced search

Hen party

(7 Posts)
jugglingmonkey Fri 26-Jun-15 08:38:59

WIBU to ask to pay less for a friends hen party? I'm pregnant and not drinking... I know the price includes some booze.

Am I being tight?

PotteringAlong Fri 26-Jun-15 08:41:11

Yes. Cost is split each way. If you want to go I'd just pay.

ohtheholidays Fri 26-Jun-15 09:02:44

No I don't think you would be at all.

If you can't drink,you can't drink so why should you pay for alcohol you won't be having.

I'd be surprised that the person that's organizing or the bride would expect you to pay towards it if they know your pregnant so won't be drinking.

MiddleAgedandConfused Fri 26-Jun-15 09:14:34

If it is a tenner, I'd just pay. If its another £50, I'd say something.

logicalfallacy101 Fri 26-Jun-15 10:09:12

I understand where you're coming from, but, some establishments charge as much for soft drinks as alcoholic ones. Just my tuppence worth OP smile

PtolemysNeedle Fri 26-Jun-15 10:52:33

It depends on the venue and the format of the party. If it's a place where you pay for a ticket that includes some alcoholic drinks if you want them then YWBU. If it's a party in a chalet or something and they are going to have to spend less on alcohol because you're not drinking, then YANBU to ask.

Fatmomma99 Fri 26-Jun-15 10:55:32

I would also say depends on how skint you are and how close you are to the bride.

But if you're worried about money, maybe have a very quiet word with the bride and say how much you want to be there, but how it's causing you stress and worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now