Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want an exact delivery time?

(9 Posts)
Dottydottydot Thu 25-Jun-15 14:24:45

I need to order white goods for my new house, its a 3 hour journey each way, AIBU to not what to have to wait hours for stuff to be delivered?
It seems some companies do 4 hour time slots, but that is still a huge chunk of time, does anywhere give more precise time slots?

AnyoneForTennis Thu 25-Jun-15 14:31:39

don't see how they can really as vans are loaded with several customers deliveries at a time and traffic and hold ups happen

haveabreakhaveakitkat Thu 25-Jun-15 14:33:33

Usually they give you the delivery day then contact you in the morning with a rough time, but it could still be a large chunk of time.

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Thu 25-Jun-15 14:38:35

if you dont like their delivery options, hire a van and collect or order somewhere else

what do you expect them to do for you?

Imnotaslimjim Thu 25-Jun-15 14:45:30

I've ordered 3 times from AO.com recently. They give you a timeslot, then on the day they give you a rough time of arrival once they're out. They then call when you're the next drop

Or are you wanting them to only have your order, as that would be the only way to guarantee a time

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 25-Jun-15 14:57:41

No. Yanbu.
Why do all the delivery companies assume you want to be in all day?
I would get a van and pick it up myself, but not everybody can.

How hard is it to look at your delivery sheet for the day, and then say to the customer " you are number 6 out of 10, so I expect to be dropping yours off at lunchtime.

Or yours is the first one, between 8&9, depending on the traffic.

Obviously they can't say "I will be there at 3:26! But a rough idea can't be too hard?

GoringBit Thu 25-Jun-15 15:01:08

We had something delivered by UK Mail and were given a one-hour time slot the day before. I think DPD have done this too, but it's pretty unusual in my experience.

CuthbertDibble Thu 25-Jun-15 15:17:02

Co-op electrical will give you a 60 minute time slot the day before delivery. I think you can also choose whether you prefer am or pm when you place your order.

CoffeeAndBiscuitsPlease Thu 25-Jun-15 15:21:26

The best couriers I know of are DPD, doubt they deliver white goods though.

They text you an hour before your delivery time, with a 1 hours slot, and you can follow the van in realtime.

But I think yabu to want a specific time, they will have a day and a timeslot based on deliveries in that area, then the driver gets them done the best way they can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now