Talk

Advanced search

What the Wussywat?

(12 Posts)
hedgehogsdontbite Thu 25-Jun-15 13:20:32

AIBU in thinking whoever came up with the name 'Wussywat' for Cbeebies needs shooting? It's been on for less than a week and I'm already getting hmm faces from strangers.

Rollermum Thu 25-Jun-15 13:21:53

Yep. I did wonder how that got the green light.

flimflamflarnfilth Thu 25-Jun-15 13:23:13

Agreed. Normally DC get excited about a new program but they really are not bothered by this show or it's silly name.

sheenmachine Mon 20-Jul-15 13:58:04

Is it unreasonable to suggest that CBeebies is aimed at children rather than adults. smile 'Wussywat' surely isn't any different from 'Raa Raa' the noisy lion?, or 'Numtums'? or 'Ruff-Ruff'? and loads of other CBeebies shows. Even way back to Tigger and Eeyore they are just an innocent play on words or the sound the animal makes. CBeebies produce so many great shows to suit all tastes and if one thing offends then best just don't watch it or read a book to them. If the show is entertaining and engaging and the kids enjoy it then there are probably bigger things to be concerned about.

Aberchips Mon 20-Jul-15 14:03:20

That's the problem, it isn't entertaining or engaging as far as I can see. Just a load of adults voicing animals in baby voices with baby sounding names. Personally my kids can't stand it.

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Mon 20-Jul-15 14:06:43

wtf is a wussywat?

CigarsofthePharoahs Mon 20-Jul-15 14:45:55

It is pretty poor. Most of the stuff ds1 likes to watch is pretty poor.
I despair for my sanity some days.

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Mon 20-Jul-15 15:35:05

Oh I quite like Wussywat! smile Especially 'Ird and 'Ortoise

fleamadonna Mon 20-Jul-15 15:39:06

the other day dp asked me if there were any threads on mumsnet taking exception to Wussywat. he absolutely loathes it.

fhdl34 Mon 20-Jul-15 15:44:44

My 3 year old loves it

BolshierAyraStark Mon 20-Jul-15 16:22:30

I didn't believe DD & DS when they said that's what it was called, ridiculous hmm

sheenmachine Wed 22-Jul-15 10:17:19

my 4 year old loves it too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now