Advanced search

To go to the doctors about this?

(5 Posts)
Poodlesrock Thu 25-Jun-15 08:55:38

I had a baby 5 months ago, a noticed either at the end of my pregnancy or when my baby was tiny that one of my breasts had very slightly changed shape. It's more obvious when I lift my arm up, it's a bit flat under/at the bottom my breast if that makes sense. I know breasts change shape during and after pregnancy but it seems odd that it's just one. It's not a really obvious shape change ( for example my DH wouldn't know any different) and there is nothing else unusual eg lump, pain, puckering etc.

I've tried making a doctors appointment but I get the usual no appointments today ring back tomorrow morning. Am I being ridiculous for worrying about this or should I make that appointment?

Pinot4me Thu 25-Jun-15 08:58:24

I don't think you're being ridiculous (or unreasonable). It's always best to get these things checked out. You may be worrying for nothing - good luck!

midnightvelvet01 Thu 25-Jun-15 08:59:15

I think you should go, if you don't then you will be worrying about it.

HereIAm20 Thu 25-Jun-15 09:11:00

Definitely go. We all know our own bodies and any change should be checked out - especially relating to breasts.

SorchaN Thu 25-Jun-15 11:54:54

Always get these kinds of changes checked out. It's very unlikely to be anything serious, but it can be worrying if you don't know what it is, and the doctor will probably put your mind at rest. I remember the panic when I found a lump - I saw the GP the next day and it turned out to be a minor infection; a week on antibiotics saw it off. I was very glad it wasn't something worse. It's definitely worth seeing the doctor to make sure. Hope it all goes well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now