Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be upset that my neighbour has a fire

(5 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 25-Jun-15 08:21:10

Again. Its a lovely warm sunny morning, I've done a load of washing and now i can't hang it out as my neighbour has a fire. As in, inside his house to keep warm. They burn all manner of crap on the fire, or at least there is an awful lot of heavy smoke coming from their chimney.

I've had to close all the back windows and door. Its bloody June and its warm!!

Nottalotta Thu 25-Jun-15 08:23:23

I'm not against fires btw. We live in an end terrace and every house has one ire two fires, all in regular use in winter. None of them emit smoke like this and no one else has had one since march.

This neighbour isn't in the terrace and slightly further set back so the smoke just seems to drop into my garden and cover the back of my house.

Optimist1 Thu 25-Jun-15 08:25:14

It's unusual that smoke from a chimney would be drifting down into your garden even if your neighbour's house is single-storey. You could alert them to the issue by knocking on the door and saying you're worried their chimney is on fire?

Nottalotta Thu 25-Jun-15 08:28:42

I think it does that because of the stuff they burn on it, they chop up old bits of furniture, pallets etc which have been painted/varnished.

LazyLouLou Thu 25-Jun-15 08:45:35

Report to the council. Burning stuff like that in a residential area is often banned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now