Talk

Advanced search

To think bbc iplayer recently watched list doesn't just go empty by itself?

(18 Posts)
Mummyusername Wed 24-Jun-15 17:33:29

So our bbc iplayer recently watched list is empty today. Does this not mean that someone HAD to delete cookies on our smart TV? Bbc wouldn't have just done it by itself would it?

MarthaCostello Wed 24-Jun-15 17:45:09

How recently did you watch something? If the programmes have now expired they might have disappeared from the list (I don't know if that happens with iPlayer, but does on our NowTV box).

Mummyusername Wed 24-Jun-15 17:51:13

Thanks for that idea Martha but there were several programmes on it some of which definitely wouldn't have expired.

MarvellousCake Wed 24-Jun-15 17:59:05

IPlayer app updated on my phone yesterday, could explain it?

youareallbonkers Wed 24-Jun-15 18:02:46

What do you think happened?

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 24-Jun-15 18:02:56

On our TV the list of previous searches randomly empties itself with no obvious pattern unless DD2 is trying to hide her patently obvious Bing addiction

Stratter5 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:53:07

Why is this bothering you so much, what's the back story?

ConcreteElephant Wed 24-Jun-15 18:55:50

Ours does this - as does the Recent searches ... I think it happens when the TV is properly turned off but I've never paid it too much attention tbh. Are you worried about something?

FirstOfficerDouglasRichardson Wed 24-Jun-15 18:59:11

We have a smart tv and when it does one of its software updates ours gets wiped. What could anyone be watching on Iplayer that would worry you?

TinyManticore Wed 24-Jun-15 19:00:36

Do you think someone's been watching dodgy content? Cos surely there isn't any on iPlayer?

GladysTheGolem Wed 24-Jun-15 19:01:13

Ours wipes when there's an update, we watch it on ps3 & there's been an update this werk

ShatnersBassoon Wed 24-Jun-15 19:03:27

I think mine has emptied itself before. Definitely no sneaky deleting of things I wouldn't want people to know I'd watched because 1) I'm the only person that uses it, and 2) they don't have anything on iPlayer that would cause embarrassment!

scratchandsniff Wed 24-Jun-15 19:07:13

Why are you bothered about it? Can't imagine there's anything dodgy on iplayer that someone would want to hide evidence of watching it.

Stratter5 Wed 24-Jun-15 19:08:00

Sky had an update to Sky+ today, if that helps. Otherwise, I can't see that there will have been anything dodgy on BBC.

ElviraCondomine Wed 24-Jun-15 19:51:48

BBC Iplayer randomly resets itself here. Just as the Sky box randomly drops shows from series link (causing much upset when it's Person of Interest. how bloody dare they!) and also sometimes randomly records weird things at 3 am that absolutely nobody in this house would ever watch.

RepeatAdNauseum Wed 24-Jun-15 19:54:30

I imagine it's not iPlayer that is bothering the OP as much as the fact the cookies on the smart TV appear to have been cleared, which could be suspect.

Most Smart TVs with Netflix also have browsers/YouTube/etc.

TiggyD Wed 24-Jun-15 19:56:44

Somebody has watched that special all nude episode of Countryfile.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 24-Jun-15 19:57:09

I think the op is more worried about people watching stuff on other services and deleting the cookies/memory from those has affected I player.

But it does sound like it's an update op, it's updated on both my phone and iPad, and often resets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now