Talk

Advanced search

expecting 5th dd - starting to lose my cool!

(18 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Wed 24-Jun-15 16:30:37

I am expecting dc 6 who will be our 5th girl. Our second was a boy then 4 girls in a row! . We are delighted ! And we certainly didn't ttc because we wanted a boy.

But I am really starting to lose my cool with comments such as "poor ds" and "well you can send it back now can you". hmm

Writerwannabe83 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:34:58

well you can't send it back now can you."

I would say, "I know, that's why she's being put for adoption and then as soon as my body is ready I will try again for a boy."

Congratulations smile

FernGullysWoollyPully Wed 24-Jun-15 16:37:12

I would say, "I know, that's why she's being put for adoption and then as soon as my body is ready I will try again for a boy."

grin amazing response!

myneighbourtotoro2 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:38:16

That must be annoying hmm. Try and ignore them and congratulations ! 6dc , how lovely .

pigwitch Wed 24-Jun-15 16:41:33

I expect you'll get more comments on the fact you'll have 6 dc's than what their genders are.

Denimwithdenim00 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:46:45

6 sets of hormones including yours op! grin

Here to you in a few years time. flowers and having 2 teen dds you will need copious amounts of wine

Congrats.

Tell them you are in tune with your inner spirit god and she chooses the sex of your babies. That should shut then up.

loveandsmiles Wed 24-Jun-15 16:46:57

wow sothis - I have 1DS and 4DDs and expecting DD5!! I have had same comments as you and worse. I had a DD first then DS followed by 3DDs. I had so many nasty comments last time I've hardly told anyone this time round - fortunately I don't get very big in pregnancy so not many people have noticed.

I just think people should mind their own business.......

Congratulationsflowers

VelvetRose Wed 24-Jun-15 16:48:13

What is WRONG with people? What a stupid thing to say to someone! Congratulations and best of luck.

Cherryblossomsinspring Wed 24-Jun-15 16:54:30

Ah I think people are just reacting to the statistically unusual situation of another girl. They are just shooting the breeze and don't actually think anything negative. That's what I'd think anyway. I know a girl who has 8 sisters and 1 brother! Lol!

BettyCatKitten Wed 24-Jun-15 16:55:51

Congratulations on your 5th daughter flowers. Say you have aspired to be like the Bennett family in Pride and Prejudice smile

Sothisishowitfeels Wed 24-Jun-15 16:56:39

Thanks smile

Pigwitch no one has commented on the number of children at all tbh but there are quite a lot of families this size or larger around here.

I will try out some of the responses on here so far I have stuck to smiling and changing the subject!

DayLillie Wed 24-Jun-15 16:58:07

I don't get why people say thishmm

I once told my grandma (when she asked what I wanted) that babies were like Christmas - you get what you are given and like it. She looked shock.

It may have been a damning indictment of my Mother's version of Christmas, in hindsight blush

Congrats thanks
Yeh, try out all the responses OP and report back grin

AugustaGloop Wed 24-Jun-15 17:11:47

I (sort of) know someone who had 4 DDs then a DS. I can only imagine the comments they received! They then another DD. I always wondered(in my head in a jokey way) whether they had DD5 so people did not think/comment that they had kept going until they had a boy and could then stop. They then had another DS then another DD. Again, I did half wonder if they had DD6 because lots of people had commented after DS2 that they could stop now that they had a companion for DS1!

JackShit Wed 24-Jun-15 17:59:32

YABU for having that many kids.

Andrewofgg Wed 24-Jun-15 18:58:32

Tell them you're putting the next one on ebay, would they like to open the bidding?

Beth2511 Wed 24-Jun-15 19:45:23

good luck to DS haing 5 hormonal sisters. How lovely though :D

YouPooPooBumBum Wed 24-Jun-15 19:50:18

YABU for having that many kids
Erm . . . What? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now