Talk

Advanced search

please tell me I am unreasonable!

(12 Posts)
startrek90 Tue 23-Jun-15 21:47:06

My pfb is 8 1/2 months old. Today I had to leave him so I could go back to my language training school. I miss him so much. Today I cried to myself, I feel so guilty and I missed him so much. I am terrified that he will forget me or won't want me anymore. I have bad PND and have struggled to bond with him. I love him so much.

Please tell me I am ridiculous and unreasonable. I am terrified my son will forget me.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 23-Jun-15 21:49:20

He won't forget you. He luffs you! smile

BitOfFun Tue 23-Jun-15 21:50:26

You're stuck with him, I'm afraid. Little limpets. Have you been treated for your depression? It sounds like you are catastrophising and thinking illogically: how many mothers work and have their babies forget them? None.

I'm sorry you're feeling so upset though- it does get easier.

Earthbound Tue 23-Jun-15 21:51:14

You're his mum-of course he's not going to forget you! You are his world. flowers

msgrinch Tue 23-Jun-15 21:52:48

Your son won't forget you. You're his everything! he'll thank you for working hard. thanks brew

Littlecaf Tue 23-Jun-15 21:55:22

Oh dear! I hope you are seeking help for PND. Your son won't forget you. Like limpets as another poster said. flowers

PerpendicularVincenzo Tue 23-Jun-15 21:57:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Tue 23-Jun-15 21:59:34

You're not ridiculous or unreasonable - all I can tell you is that it gets easier and that your baby will be absolutely fine. He's meeting new people, having new experiences, but of course he won't forget you. Babies' memories are longer than that. Give it a few weeks and you'll cope better. It is bloody hard, though.

Topseyt Tue 23-Jun-15 22:00:21

My DD1 went to nursery when she was 3 months old and I went back to work. That was 20 years ago, and I can safely say that she has never forgotten me.

It feels at the time as though you might have had your right arm cut off, but they do not forget you.

startrek90 Tue 23-Jun-15 22:09:29

I just feel pathetic and guilty. My DH cares for him at home and it is only for the morning but it still feels awful. I know I need to do this so I can actually speak with people in my sons life. I need to finish it whilst DH has leave and then I have him. I just keep telling myself it is only for 3 months.

Frusso Tue 23-Jun-15 22:12:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

L0gLady Tue 23-Jun-15 22:13:18

Remember - nobody comes close to mummy. Daddy, grandparents, they're all pretty damn good, but mummy is special.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now