Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with my DP

(25 Posts)
Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:03:36

I am spending another night on the sofa. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and suffering with a trapped nerve in my neck. DP keeps waking me up after I've been asleep for 10 mins in bed because my snoring (only snored since being pregnant) is keeping him awake and he has work in the morning.

AIBU in thinking that he should perhaps let me get some rest in bed and he sleep on the sofa or set up the air bed in the spare room?

FYI he has been brilliant and selfless for the rest of my pregnancy so he's not a complete arse.

CrystalHaze Mon 22-Jun-15 23:05:18

Have you suggested to him that he be the one to sleep elsewhere?

Athenaviolet Mon 22-Jun-15 23:07:39

Omg you should so be getting the bed! [shocked]

Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:08:04

I'll bring it up with him tomorrow when we aren't in bed and tired as it just seems to cause an argument

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-15 23:09:10

you are wrong

he is a complete arse

if my son behaved like that towards his heavily pregnant partner, I would wonder what the fuck I did wrong during his upbringing

shameful man

PuntasticUsername Mon 22-Jun-15 23:10:49

Jesus, what a dick!

He has about two weeks, give or take, to shape the fuck up in time for when you both have a brand new baby to look after...

AcrossthePond55 Mon 22-Jun-15 23:15:34

Since you're pregnant, I think he's being inconsiderate to wake you. In normal circumstances I think the snorer should vacate the marital bed, but these aren't normal circumstances. I'd feel the same way if it was a man recovering from major surgery and his wife was kicking him out for snoring.

Is there a reason he won't either sleep on the sofa or in the spare room? And "Because I have to get up to go to work" isn't a good reason.

Cumbrae Mon 22-Jun-15 23:17:45

The person who is building a whole human being gets the bed.

Ask him politely to go into work and ask all his friends and colleagues who should get the bed - him or his heavily pregnant wife. No one will say him.

Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:19:03

It's the waking me up that annoys me, it's like having a power nap then being wide awake unable to get back to sleep.

He suffers with a bad back due to the nature of his work so think he will throw that out there as an excuse when I ask him about it.

PoppyField Mon 22-Jun-15 23:21:48

I second the idea of conducting an 'office poll'. Suggest that to him. Perfectly reasonable.

HoneyDragon Mon 22-Jun-15 23:22:36

What are his plans for a crying baby through the night. Give it a poke and hope it takes the hint?

SnapesCapes Mon 22-Jun-15 23:23:27

Floors are supposed to be very beneficial for bad backs in bellend men, you know.

He's outrageously wrong here, no question. Tell him so, and let it be known that if he wakes you in the night again whilst you're pregnant that unless he's on fire he'll have hell to pay. It's an international law that you don't upset pregnant women in any way!

Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:26:25

I've told him that I will do most of the night feeds during the week as he has to get up for work and drive a fair distance but he will be pulling his weight at the weekends.

I won't stand for him taking the piss, don't worry about that!

The air bed is coming out of the shed and will be all made up ready for him tomorrow night whilst I enjoy my nice new bedding that was delivered today grin

Fatmomma99 Mon 22-Jun-15 23:30:19

Sleep became more precious than gold in my house for far too many years after my early riser was born.

We used to have these ridiculous competitions about who was the most tired (think northern accent "Luxury") and the kindest, most generous act we could give each other, topping unlimited oral sex by about a million points was to give the other one a lie in.

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-15 23:36:15

you won't stand for him taking the piss ?

is that why you are on the sofa and he is starfishing in the bed ?

Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:50:55

I didn't really fancy getting in to it all with him earlier to be honest anyfucker (delightful username btw)

I'll go back up to bed once I'm tired and if he doesn't like it, he knows where he can go.

PuntasticUsername Mon 22-Jun-15 23:52:12

Good plan, but I'd let him make his own bloody airbed up, myself. You're 38 weeks gone, you don't need to be arsing around on the floor wrestling with fitted sheets when he's the one who needs them in the first place.

I mean, I'd get the sheets out of the airing cupboard for him, of course. Probably. I'm not a monster.

textfan Mon 22-Jun-15 23:54:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stinkylinky Mon 22-Jun-15 23:54:32

Puntastic, there will be no faffing with fitted sheets from me! A blanket and a pillow will do him if he's lucky

maras2 Tue 23-Jun-15 01:32:19

What a pig.When I was having our babies 35 plus years ago my DH would've done anything for my comfort.He ,very occasionally slept on the settee when necessary but would never have expected me to.shock

HelenF350 Tue 23-Jun-15 02:45:25

I have been snoring for the past few weeks due to pregnancy. Although DP has been moaning but if he would not dream of kicking me out of the bed and even if he did he'd be told where to go! Kick him onto the sofa if he's that bothered, you certainly shouldn't be sleeping there!

Topseyt Tue 23-Jun-15 02:46:50

He is in for a rude awakening when a hungry, crying baby is added to the mix.

Don't go and sleep on the sofa for him again, unless you are more comfortable there.

Airbed for him.

Icimoi Tue 23-Jun-15 07:46:44

A lot of snorers only snore during the brief phase when they're falling asleep and stop when they're deeply asleep. If you're DH would leave you alone, or maybe nudge you into a different position, you'd probably both be better off.

MrsNextDoor Tue 23-Jun-15 07:49:37

If you can possibly buy a bed for the spare room, do it now. Once the baby arrives you will need that option. YANBU by the way.

bittapitta Tue 23-Jun-15 07:51:13

Every woman snores in late pregnancy. He really should be sleeping elsewhere himself, what an arse. Fwiw I'm in early pregnancy and hating it and DH is practically waiting on me hand and foot (unasked!) because he can see how much it gets me down. Waking you up is absolutely unreasonable. Horrid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now