Talk

Advanced search

to feel insulted by a comment from DH

(19 Posts)
Morporkia Mon 22-Jun-15 13:41:42

Hi, i'm a long time lurker, but this is my first post. 42, married, 2 kids, 1 of each flavour. contemplating writing a blog about said family (cos things have got a bit....weird?), but I digress... DH (see i'm using the terminology :-)) and I adjourned to the bedroom yesterday for a bit of 'afternoon delight'. We have an averagely active sex life, usually 3 or 4 times a week. Anyway, during the act, hubby says 'I forgot how horny you make me feel' considering we had sex the night before, i began to feel a bit insulted. we've been together 23 years, and yes, our bedroom antics have, shall we say, calmed down, but,still... I mean, if we hadn't done the deed for a while i could understand it.... am i being over sensitive? I'm not sulking, or angry with him, so i don't see the point of bringing it up. i just wanted to get other opinions on how you lot would deal with this... many thanking yous.

DJThreeDog Mon 22-Jun-15 13:45:22

I wouldn't be offended at that. I'd take it as more of a 'every time we are together you never cease to delight me' type of comment.

Haggisfish Mon 22-Jun-15 13:46:08

I agree with above poster. Yabu

wafflyversatile Mon 22-Jun-15 13:47:37

Surely he was complimenting you. confused

FinallyHere Mon 22-Jun-15 13:47:46

Absolutely, I'd take it as a massive compliment. Enjoy.

Morporkia Mon 22-Jun-15 13:56:30

I did take it as a complement at first, but have also been feeling a bit ignored by him lately... i suppose i've been worrying for a while that he doesn't actually fancy me anymore and the 'i forgot' comment sort of reinforced that. anyway i have decided that when he comes in this afternoon i am going to jump all over him and give him something to remember, lol...

wafflyversatile Mon 22-Jun-15 13:59:06

3 or 4 times a week doesn't sound like he's forgotten. It's just a way of phrasing it, I think.

Theonlylooninthevillage Mon 22-Jun-15 14:03:12

I can see how you would be over thinking the comment but I wouldn't take it as an insult, just badly phrased.

I think you have an impressive sex life, dh and I are lucky is we dtd once every few months :/

Theonlylooninthevillage Mon 22-Jun-15 14:04:08

*if sorry and yanbu

pilates Mon 22-Jun-15 14:09:53

Yes nothing to get irritated about IMO.

It sounds like he is really in to you. 3/4 times a week, pretty good going with two young children.

AdeleDazeem Mon 22-Jun-15 14:10:04

Sounds like it was because you'd had sex the night before that he made the comment. Like, 'last night wasn't enough, I want you again'.

Surely that's great? Better than 'that was nice dear, that'll hold me for a while.'

Morporkia Mon 22-Jun-15 14:12:52

Lawks! I would be blue in the face if we dtd once every few months... so would DH.
note to self * stop whining about perceived slights.* thanks guys..

Morporkia Mon 22-Jun-15 14:14:05

lolling at Adele's comment... and pilates.. my kids are 21 and 17 (nearly) so not very young, lol

pilates Mon 22-Jun-15 14:30:40

Ahh ok smile

maras2 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:41:58

Bloody stealth boast grin

scarlets Mon 22-Jun-15 14:44:27

He sounds like a nice guy to me.

BolshierAyraStark Mon 22-Jun-15 15:00:31

Eh?? Surely it's more a compliment than an insult.

condominoes Mon 22-Jun-15 15:21:28

God what an arse

Divorce

Morporkia Mon 22-Jun-15 16:05:24

he is a nice guy scarlet.. atm i'm feeling a bit insecure.. i had an iud fitted a couple of months ago and i have put on about a stone in that time. added to that i've just finished my first year at uni, am worrying about finances, and although we still have an active sex life, when we're not being intimate we don't really make time to just talk and communicate the way we used to. my MIL described us as 'being in a bubble of love' a few years ago and i think i'm pining for that time :-( lolling at Maras2 with her stealth boast.. my best friend is a single mum, and dont tend to discuss sex lives with my other friends so i'm assuming everyone has about the same amount of sex i do... well i did until i read loony's post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now