Talk

Advanced search

To want my own bowl of cereal?

(10 Posts)
nailsathome Mon 22-Jun-15 13:34:23

Just a bit of a vent really. DD is 3.5 and is driving me nuts. I have to share everything with her; food, exact spot on the sofa, blankets, personal space.

DS is 6 weeks old and, up until last Thursday, is only happy if you're holding him. He is currently asleep in his swing grin. However, DD is on my lap pretending to be a breastfeeding baby, wanting her back rubbed to help her burp and adding an extra twist of putting her feet on my face. I've asked her to stop with the feet but she wants an explanation.

I just want to be left alone confused

EatShitDerek Mon 22-Jun-15 13:37:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenofallIsee Mon 22-Jun-15 14:27:52

I sympathise OP, mine did the very same and its bloody awful after a while. It settled down after the 'new baby' thing wore off and became an occasional thing prompted by insecurity.

RobbStarksBitch Mon 22-Jun-15 14:30:12

I feel your pain OP! My ds1 is 8 (yes 8!) and went through this faze after his ds2 was born a year ago. I think he was so used to having me to himself he just kind of panicked. Even now I have to remind him that people need personal space. It really makes you feel touched out to the point of tears sometimes confused

MrsNextDoor Mon 22-Jun-15 14:31:30

OOooh yanbu! I'm afraid I was never patient with my DC wanting my food...it's one of the lines I won't cross..."Mummy can I have rice?!"

YES. You can have YOUR rice. This rice is MINE.

Want yours.

Nope!

WANT YOURS!

Cue me gobbling all mine up.

I just don't share food. Not even with my own DC...unless there's none for them of course..then they get the lot...but all that eating from my plate business. Bugger right off. grin

Buttercup27 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:34:57

Both of mine have been like that (1 & 3), but only for the last couple of days. I cannot do anything without them. Today has been the worst as they are both in a fowl mood and I've been up in the night with ds2 and have a head ache.
So after 1 final temper tantrum after lunch I put both boys into their separate rooms with stair gates shut. Ds2 went straight to sleep and ds1 listened to his music and had a lie down followed by building a train track. I took myself off to bed and rested for a whole 30 min until ds1 was bored. An hour later both boys are much happier and playing together after a good rest and I feel much better and more human too. Now off out for some well needed fresh air.

lem73 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:37:03

My dd is almost 7 and is still like my little shadow! Enjoy it while it lasts. When she's 13 it'll be a completely different story.

paddypants13 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:40:28

I'm in a similar situation but my 2nd DC hasn't arrived yet. (Due in 2 weeks.) My DD (2.5) has become very clingy and keeps declaring she's a baby. I think it's just insecurity.

I'm trying to emphasise (sp?) the positive, "you're a big, strong girl, baby won't be able to do x exciting thing when he/ she arrives." It seems to work but it could fall apart when baby actually arrives!

As for food scrounging, I just refuse and remove her if she tries to steal food and ignore her if she has a paddy. She's much, much better now and only does it after the GPs have been looking after her. (They always give in...grrrr...)

nailsathome Mon 22-Jun-15 14:52:08

So glad I'm not alone! Poor DS doesn't get a moments peace either because if I'm touching him or talking to him she has to be too e.g. he's trying to latch on right now and she's got her face touching his telling him what a sweetheart he is!

I'm envious of those who don't share their food!

MothershipG Mon 22-Jun-15 15:10:05

My 13 year old DD still wedges me into the corner of the sofa every evening grin and comes up for cuddles every morning...sometimes it's a pain but I know I'll be sad when it stops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now