Talk

Advanced search

to think this is ridiculously cheeky?

(27 Posts)
VampireSparkles Sun 21-Jun-15 14:32:12

Sorry this might be long so I'll try and shorten it without drip feeding.

Two weeks ago I went on a night out with a friend Laura (and a group of other friends). Laura got drunk and said some quite rude things to me that was then turned into a "OMG it's a joke!" hmm. Anyway there was a little bit of tension afterwards.

A week later a mutual friend (Sarah) invited me to a weekend away and I offered to drive, she said she had just spoke to Laura and she was up for going too (there were others going as well).

I thought well I'll try and patch things up with Laura so it's not awkward and I rang her straight after and she ignored my call. It seems she was available to speak as she had just spoken to Sarah.

Even the next day she didn't bother to return the call, I text to ask if she was going to call back and she said she was at a party.

She never returned the call.

The weekend away plan was for us all to meet at Sarahs and then drive (as there was two cars).

Laura decided to text me on the morning and ask if I could pick her up and take her to Sarahs. There was no please, no thank you, not even a hi.

This is 100% going out of my way to give her a lift as they live in completely opposite directions which she knows.

Aibu to just think this is so cheeky?

She couldn't be bothered once to make friends but then when she needs a favour she will finally speak to me?

Maybe I am overreacting, I just feel that sometimes I am very much a pushover.

Floggingmolly Sun 21-Jun-15 14:34:41

Just ignore the message, as she did yours. Don't contemplate giving her a lift!

WaferInMyCoffee Sun 21-Jun-15 14:37:22

Very cheeky. I hope you ignored it!!!

VampireSparkles Sun 21-Jun-15 14:37:27

I didn't.

And then I got sent another text saying - I take that as a no then.

VampireSparkles Sun 21-Jun-15 14:37:56

So I meant to say I did.

I definitely ignored the text.

RinkRashDerbyKisses Sun 21-Jun-15 14:38:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 21-Jun-15 14:38:45

Ignore her and don't offer a lift.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 21-Jun-15 14:39:04

xpost!

Becca83 Sun 21-Jun-15 14:39:37

Not overreacting at all . It's incredibly cheeky of her. You're only now good enough to communicate with now that she needs something ?!? Ignore the text or tell her what a cheeky mare she's being.

anonpost Sun 21-Jun-15 14:40:13

Definitely wouldn't be giving her a lift, cheeky mare!

AwfulBeryl Sun 21-Jun-15 14:40:58

She is really cheeky, is she always like this ?

haveabreakhaveakitkat Sun 21-Jun-15 14:40:58

Ignore ignore ignore.

Although, I'm too wimpy for that so would reply at very late notice 'Sorry for such a late reply. I need to drop ( three made up friends) to (another made up friend who lives near sarah) so won't have room in the car'

AlpacaMyBags Sun 21-Jun-15 14:41:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AwfulBeryl Sun 21-Jun-15 14:44:48

Tbh I probably wouldn't ignore it either, if she is the sort to use it against you in an argument it would look a bit silly to say "well, you ignored me first"
I wouldn't bother with any niceties though, Just a - you're right it's a no, see you there.

ilovesooty Sun 21-Jun-15 14:44:51

I wouldn't make up excuses. Just tell her no, it isn't convenient.

tootiredtoknow Sun 21-Jun-15 14:45:04

I would be inclined to just go and pick her up. It wold just put an end to all the drama.

CainInThePunting Sun 21-Jun-15 14:45:29

So much to do, so little time. Perhaps if you answered my call/text we might have had time to arrange a pick up.

Would be the gist of my reply.

DancingDays Sun 21-Jun-15 17:54:45

She sounds very immature. I would respond saying

"No sorry I can't but I'll see you when we all meet at sarah's. Looking forward to the get together"

Then you've answered her, no need to explain, and still come off as pleasant. If you ignore she'll turn it into a drama.

Lovepancakes Sun 21-Jun-15 18:00:00

I would have been the bigger person and just replied, even if to say sorry but you can't (no need for a reason). It otherwise feels slightly childish and not really a big deal.

carrotsmakeamessofyourcurtains Sun 21-Jun-15 18:01:39

"I take that as a no then"

"Well done, you take that correctly".

expatinscotland Sun 21-Jun-15 18:02:18

I'd have just ignored it.

Fallout4 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:02:53

Lol @ 'unsubscribe' grin
Yeah that's my kind of response tbh.
I don't do drama, I'm not 15.

DoreenLethal Sun 21-Jun-15 18:03:48

I'd leave it the exact same amount of time that she left your text and then respond with 'Correct'.

DoreenLethal Sun 21-Jun-15 18:04:12

I do like 'unsubscribe' though. Brilliant.

BiscuitMillionaire Sun 21-Jun-15 18:09:49

I take that as a no then

No shit Sherlock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now