Talk

Advanced search

To ask if its usuak to bleed after sex 6 months after birth?

(12 Posts)
Salella Sun 21-Jun-15 14:01:20

Sorry I'm panicking a bit.

I have lots of lower back pain and spotting after sex. Should I be worried they are symptoms of cervical cancer or get a grip. 3 years since my last smear, never had an abnormal smear.

DorotheaHomeAlone Sun 21-Jun-15 14:03:07

Please don't panic but so see your GP. This isn't something MNetters should be diagnosing for you.

MrsRossPoldark Sun 21-Jun-15 14:04:21

Forget fretting about the big C and get to the GP anyway. I'd have said it was period pain but sounds more than that & you need to get it checked out.

FadedRed Sun 21-Jun-15 14:07:19

^^ Dorothea
Post coital bleeding should ALWAYS be checked out, but most likely something simple at 6 months post natal.
Don't panic, just make an appointment.

Fluffyears Sun 21-Jun-15 14:25:12

It's probably related to giving birth but you need your GP to do that. I brought my smear forward by 6 months as had bleeding between periods with pain but it disappeared after the smear for some reason...typical! The GP was great make sure you take details of how long after sex it occurs, how long it lasts, is there any other discharge (mine smelled really strongly of fresh blood not like period blood), the location, type, duration and type of pain.

MissDuke Sun 21-Jun-15 16:21:40

You definitely need to see your GP. I know things like this are scary, but honestly normally it turns out to be harmless. However it is still always important to get checked out.

Sahkoora Sun 21-Jun-15 17:44:08

This happened to me after my first, who was a big 9lb baby. They gave me a smear as a precaution, but said I had a cervical graze that sex was disturbing every time. It eventually healed.

Definitely go to your GP!

Salella Sun 21-Jun-15 18:01:01

I had a c section - wonder if that makes a difference? Will definitely go to my gp!

LokiBear Sun 21-Jun-15 18:02:53

I had an eptropian graze which caused bleeding after sex. I needed treatment and was fine after. Get yourself to the gp. Good luck x

hartic Sun 21-Jun-15 19:34:55

I had similar and after a few swabs and and that big camera thingy at the hospital, was told it was hormonal and to have a coil or pill. I have the coil now and no problems since.

Purplepoodle Sun 21-Jun-15 20:03:37

Go see your gp and get checked out. It could b cervical erosion but better to be safe.

FadedRed Sun 21-Jun-15 20:09:40

Salella cervical ectropian has hormonal cause, not trauma. So pregnancy hormonal changes (or any hormonal change) can be the cause, regardless of method of birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now