Talk

Advanced search

to think this is inappropriate for daytime TV or do I have a dirty mind? (lighthearted)

(8 Posts)
mileend2bermondsey Sat 20-Jun-15 20:52:05

I was tidying up today and in the background had Dinner Date on. It was two blokes on the date and one was telling the other he usually has to 'beat guys off with a stick' because hes so good looking, to which his date look less than impressed by. The narrator (a poor mans Dave Lamb) then says: 'it doesnt look like anyone will be getting beaten off tonigt' shock!
Sexual innuendo or am I just twisted? grin

WanderWomble Sat 20-Jun-15 20:59:38

I'd have giggled too.

ChristmasZombie Sat 20-Jun-15 21:05:52

Ooh, cheeky!

BabyMurloc Sat 20-Jun-15 21:07:23

Yabu for watching such crap wink

AdeleDazeem Sat 20-Jun-15 21:10:25

I doubt a child would understand the double entendre there. It's hard to imagine a child paying close enough attention to Dinner Date to pick up on something like that. Surely it'd be a very boring programme for kids?

mileend2bermondsey Sat 20-Jun-15 21:11:50

Yabu for watching such crap
blush I know. It was the best background noise telly I could find on Freeview on a Saturday afternoon.

Thurlow Sat 20-Jun-15 21:15:55

That's the joy of innuendos - kids don't get them.

I will never not snigger at "Take me up the north mountain!" in Frozen.

fastdaytears Sat 20-Jun-15 21:55:17

Surely with the trillions of channels now there's much worse than that available for daytime watching.

I'd have laughed. Dinner date is such low budget TV I love it. Do you think the contestants have to pay for their own food? Has there been a Dinner Date wedding yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now