Talk

Advanced search

When I was sooooo looking forward to a lie-in...

(6 Posts)
exhaustedwreckage Sat 20-Jun-15 20:19:56

Background: Dc and Dh had been ill which meant that I had spent the last couple of weeks getting up early to sort out the dc/breakfast/school run etc, despite also fighting off the bug myself.

The other night when dh was feeling a bit better I mentioned how excited I was about having a lie-in the following morning if he wouldn't mind getting up with the dc. He said fine.

The following morning I was woken up before the children were awake by dh stroking my leg. Swatted him away.
Dh: Are you awake?
Me: Sort of.
Dh: Fancy some action?

NO. I DO NOT FANCY SOME SODDING ACTION!

WIBU?

Quasicrystals1456 Sat 20-Jun-15 20:22:13

LTB obviously.

RackofPeas Sat 20-Jun-15 20:22:32

I'd have responded - yes, can you put a jet li film on Netflix for me? I like action films.
Is he sulking?

TorrAlexandra Sat 20-Jun-15 20:25:09

My DH knows far better than to wake me up earlier than necessary at this point, having faced my wrath in the past! I'd have been extremely pissed off!

exhaustedwreckage Sat 20-Jun-15 20:30:48

Thankfully he's not sulking and seems to have forgotten about it. I however haven't as I still haven't had a lie-in.

Can't have one tomorrow either as it's fathers day and I forgot to wrap pressies and write cards with the dc today so will have to get up with them to do that...

angry

Tattersail Sat 20-Jun-15 20:35:07

yanbu. I was woken up at 6am this morning in this manner and was not impressed. It is the first morning I've had all week where I didn't have to get up early for work. The most annoying part is that he dozed off just after ds fell asleep and I can hear him snoring from the other room while I'm sitting here looking at all the things needing done around the house

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now