Talk

Advanced search

To think my mil...

(30 Posts)
KnitFastDieWarm Sat 20-Jun-15 16:53:08

...is a bit of a star? She's just bought us a huge load of beautiful plants and planters and is currently out in the garden potting them up. I'm pregnant and knackered and having a lie down and I can hear her humming away happily in the garden. I bloody love her smile

Icimoi Sat 20-Jun-15 16:55:02

Does your DH have any brothers for the rest of us to snap up?

RackofPeas Sat 20-Jun-15 16:55:21

Make sure you drop hints about any cleaning or ironing you want doing too! grin
She sounds lovely. Make sure she gets a brew though!

KnitFastDieWarm Sat 20-Jun-15 16:58:54

Don't worry, she'll be handed a large gin and tonic the moment she's done! grin And then we'll take her out for dinner.

Only a sister I'm afraid! She's a bit of a darling - I think I'll hang onto her smile

mrsfuzzy Sat 20-Jun-15 17:00:52

she sounds lovely, it's great to hear of such a caring mil, when there are some real horrors on here.

aprilanne Sat 20-Jun-15 17:27:34

god some folk are smug lol .what about us poor sods with the mil from hell..glad there is at least one good one out there

Houseworkavoider Sat 20-Jun-15 17:30:17

Sounds like my mil!
Heaven sent.
Mils are just people. A whole range and no two the same.

ftmsoon Sat 20-Jun-15 18:28:48

My MIL has just fed us and now FIL is playing with DD, so I am MNing! Love them!

spillyobeans Sat 20-Jun-15 18:31:46

grin

Yarp Sat 20-Jun-15 18:33:39

Aw

She sounds like my mum

Just nice

saturnvista Sat 20-Jun-15 23:17:12

My MIL is impossible so this is a window on a world I'll never get to enter...lying resting listening to someone you love do some gardening for you that you're pleased about having done. Sounds like bliss. Enjoy it and enjoy it a bit of extra on top of that for me.

FrancesNiadova Sun 21-Jun-15 08:36:09

My MIL hates me & has said to my face & written in one of her many poison pen letters,"You've taken my son away from me."
She wants DH & the DCs to go & live with her bonkers
When I was pregnant, she was furious & screamed down the phone at me & slammed it down, because we were moving 1 1/2 hours away because of DHs job, my fault, apparently
So, lucky lucky you op, cherish your time with her flowers

MammaTJ Sun 21-Jun-15 08:42:51

Oh come on OP, you should at least be moaning she didn't consult you on the choice of plants and planters-that's very controlling you know! wink

Actually, she sounds great and you sound appreciative!

SomewhereIBelong Sun 21-Jun-15 09:01:48

no no no..... she'll have to offer to water them when you go on holiday, you'll have to give her a key in case she needs the loo whilst doing said watering.... slippery slope!

seriously, she sounds great! grin

GymBum Sun 21-Jun-15 09:43:20

That's really lovely to hear Op. Your MIL sounds really nice. I have a lovely MIL. Even though every now and then we wind each other up, I wouldn't swap her.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 21-Jun-15 09:49:45

It's nice to read appreciative posts about MiL's, the nice supportive happy MiL's tend to get overlooked on here.

I have a goodun smile , in 24 years ,bar one incident, we've never had a cross word.

Walkingthedog46 Sun 21-Jun-15 09:57:44

She sounds lovely and it is great that you are so appreciative of her. So often on MN mum/mum-in-law is slated for doing a simple kindness

BertrandRussell Sun 21-Jun-15 10:01:58

How long before this thread gets overwhelmed by the "how very dare this woman want to have a relationship with her son and grandchikdren" brigade? sad

Wideopenspace Sun 21-Jun-15 10:04:33

If she likes gardening...I am currently mother in law less, and I prepared a bed in my garden just yesterday.....

Just saying.. grin

Trooperslane Sun 21-Jun-15 10:05:12

Mine's awesome too.

She's coming next week for a few days and I can't wait.

WendyTorrance Sun 21-Jun-15 10:08:00

My MIL was fabulous. A lovely woman who couldn't do enough for me. And thought I was a saint for putting up with her son grin.

She's very much missed.

SuperMoonIsKeepingMeUpToo Sun 21-Jun-15 10:16:03

I've got a good'un as well. I've known her 23 years and not a cross word. Like Troopers mine is coming next weekend and I'm truly looking forward to her visit.

Such a refreshing change to have a thread in support of mils! I do count my blessings mind.

Totality22 Sun 21-Jun-15 10:23:20

Awww what a fab MIL.

Mine is also ace. We moved when I was 30 weeks pregnant and whilst my Mum had the toddler for the day, MIL was at new place from 8am on a Sunday and cleaned / organised / sorted things whilst making me tea and making sure I did nothing.

Most women would baulk at the idea of their MIL deciding what cupboards all the kitchen stuff goes in but I kept it all exactly as MIL had organised it.

She is a wonderful lady!

Meerka Sun 21-Jun-15 10:26:02

awww how lovely ! smile

what a treasure smile

Mine's a goodun too. Tact of a rhino but totally golden heart. Love her.

ChablisLover Sun 21-Jun-15 10:28:43

Can you send her my way?

That's a lovely thing for her to do.

Can you get to a shop and get some cake for a cup of tea later?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now