AIBU to be annoyed at this toy seller?

(14 Posts)
RachelWatts Sat 20-Jun-15 14:02:20

I bought a beautiful wooden toy containing magnets for 2 year old DS2 yesterday, but was shocked to find one of the magnets hadn't been fitted correctly so could potentially have been swallowed by DS2.

I sent an email to the seller, explaining what had happened, how disappointed I was, and how dangerous it could be and asking to return the toy for a full refund.

Imagine my outrage when the toy seller apologised profusely, promised a full refund, asked my address so she could pick up the toy at my convenience, and said she would send a complaint to the toy manufacturer.

The wind has been completely taken out of my sails by the toy seller being completely reasonable. I may be forced to recommend the shop on the basis of how they dealt with my complaint.

nuttybananas Sat 20-Jun-15 14:03:45

grin

ghostyslovesheep Sat 20-Jun-15 14:04:46

the bastard ! angry

SilverBirchWithout Sat 20-Jun-15 14:08:03

I work in Customer services, there is nothing more satisfying than being very apologetic and helpful, putting things right. It really pisses off rude and angry customers who just really want to argue and shout at you. Love doing this grin

RachelWatts Mon 22-Jun-15 12:22:53

Well the lady who sold me the toy has just been round to pick it up, with a full refund.

She was very apologetic, and gave me a small wooden toy as a goodwill gesture.

I have complimented her on her fantastic customer service.

Theselittlelightsaremine Mon 22-Jun-15 12:27:49

YANBU grin

Charlesroi Mon 22-Jun-15 12:34:14

I think you should name and shame the spoilsport cow. grin

TuckingFablet Mon 22-Jun-15 14:55:12

what an outrage! I am furious in your behalf op angry
grin grin grin

CakeLady1 Mon 22-Jun-15 19:07:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

coffeetasteslikeshit Mon 22-Jun-15 19:09:33

Ha ha ha!

RachelWatts Tue 23-Jun-15 07:36:09

Do I need to put 'lighthearted' in the title to make it clear that I'm not being completely serious? I thought that was a bit of a MN faux-pas...

I thought it would be fairly obvious that I'm actually very impressed with the customer service from this company. Evidently it wasn't obvious to everyone.

Trickydecision Tue 23-Jun-15 07:41:34

Cakelady, are you always such an unkind joy-sucker?

RinkRashDerbyKisses Tue 23-Jun-15 07:48:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyCuntingtonThe3rd Tue 23-Jun-15 08:01:08

Name and shame the fuckers! angry
So we could shop there too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now