Talk

Advanced search

to judge my parents for wasting so much money on booze n smoking

(5 Posts)
catswag Sat 20-Jun-15 00:30:52

They drive me mad complaining about one of my siblings thats terrible with money

Yet when we were dc we hardly ever went in days out hardly had any toys
never much money for clothes etc
Or birthdays etc

Yet they both worked
Full time and spent a bomb on smoking n drinking

AlpacaMyBags Sat 20-Jun-15 00:37:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catswag Sat 20-Jun-15 00:42:33

I used to dread doing cooking at school as mum would go mad about the ingredients

I uaed to pretend to forget

I generally forget about it but when they slate my brother alot it really gets my angry

MsAspreyDiamonds Sat 20-Jun-15 06:40:23

Call them up on it every single time they complain about your brother's financial mismanagement. So when they start to moan say 'll but you used to spend all your money on alcohol & cigarettes, that's why I didn't have any ingredients for cookery class because you wasted it's.

Or 're had holes in our shoes because you spent the money down the pub & couldn't afford to buy us a new pair.'

Do this every single time they complain and they will soon stop because they won't want to hear about their selfish spending on drink & fags. Don't get angry, take a deep breath and state facts and walk away but call them up on it every single time.

On a different note, do you think your brother's money problems are connected to habits picked up from your parents? Is he getting help for it? The citizens advice bureau usually runs money management workshops and advice clinics so it might be worth mentioning it to him if he needed help with his situation.

ceebelle83 Sat 20-Jun-15 07:46:31

Definitely call them on it when they complain about your brother. My parents have a VERY selective memory when it comes to their priorities/parenting of us and it is really annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now