Talk

Advanced search

Socks on the floor

(10 Posts)
brightreddress Fri 19-Jun-15 21:36:54

My DH always leaves his socks on the floor. If I see another pair of his bunched up socks on the bathroom floor I am going to breathe fire! I have asked him numerous times and he keeps doing it. He is otherwise good with housework/fairly tidy. I think it's gross and disrespectful to others. AIBU to be so annoyed.

cashewnutty Fri 19-Jun-15 21:40:41

My DD2 leaves socks on the floor of her room. Loads of them like little dead creatures. It drives me mad. There is a laundry basket right outside her room. Why can't she open her door and put them in there?

Ilovenannyplum Fri 19-Jun-15 21:45:55

YANBU
my DP does it. I wash them as he leaves them and then he complains to me all his socks are in balls

I'm going to start binning them I think hmm

travertine Fri 19-Jun-15 21:49:12

I have a rottweiler puppy he loves socks. Would you like to borrow him?

Waitingfordolly Fri 19-Jun-15 21:50:29

YANBU. DD leaves her socks all over the house, most often under the dining table. Drives me nuts.

measles64 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:50:40

open a window and throw them out. I emptied sons bedrooms once like this. It was raining at the time.

ShuShuFontana Fri 19-Jun-15 21:53:42

Pick them up and put them directly into the bin.

Deny all knowledge.

When questioned go to the bathroom, lift laundry basket lid and say sadly ".....well they are not in here, where else could they be?"
<head tilt>

GemmaTeller Fri 19-Jun-15 21:53:59

Leave them where he's left them, don't pick them up to put them in the wash.

When he's no clean ones tell him there were none in the laundry basket to wash.

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 19-Jun-15 21:55:10

DP does this. It takes 15 seconds to remove them and put them in the laundry bin but instead I get up in the morning to find them on the living room floor. I used to pick them up but it was getting out of hand so I kick them into the corner so he's gradually managing to do the ever so difficult task of putting them where they belong!

OttiliaVonBCup Fri 19-Jun-15 21:59:11

I leave my socks on the floor.
The dog loves me for it. He cuddles up with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now