Talk

Advanced search

To think the new Huggies Pure wipes are pretty rubbish compared to the old ones?

(51 Posts)
JessicaRebeccaRabbit Fri 19-Jun-15 18:31:31

Just that...noticed the pack cover had changed, as had the number of wipes (56 vs 64) and the wipes themselves are very different, the liquid is full of froth and suds. The ingredients have changed considerably. I use about a pack a day so this is distressing me grin

thebirthlyhallows Fri 19-Jun-15 18:37:51

Oh no! I love these and need to buy more at the weekend.

You use a pack a day? Do to have newborn quads!?

grin

JessicaRebeccaRabbit Fri 19-Jun-15 18:41:35

smile haha. No, have two small ones, but also use them to clean the table, high chair, around the sink, anything at all! I have bought up a jumbo box of old ones, but seeing them less and less now...the new packs are more peach coloured than yellow, and smaller of course, but funnily enough same price.

MrsAmaretto Fri 19-Jun-15 18:47:04

YANBU, I just bought the new style ones & I'm not impressed!

DuchessofNorks Fri 19-Jun-15 18:51:34

You're not wrong.

I have tried the huggies ones too, and they just fall apart!

DuchessofNorks Fri 19-Jun-15 18:58:00

Whoots, I meant pampers version blush

ShelaghTurner Fri 19-Jun-15 20:20:24

Yes, they drive up the wall! Wiping faces with them leaves a trail of bubbles and I can't get one out of the packet without ripping a hole in it.

AmandaTanen Fri 19-Jun-15 20:23:19

They are awful, my local lidl has some stock of the old ones on sale for 90p.

Welshmaenad Fri 19-Jun-15 20:38:51

Reasons the UK is in landfill crisis: people using disposable baby wipes when a damp cloth would be perfectly adequate.

stargirl1701 Fri 19-Jun-15 20:41:05

www.cheekywipes.com

lornathewizzard Fri 19-Jun-15 20:45:27

Yep they're horrible. Tesco ones for us.

AntiHop Fri 19-Jun-15 20:49:23

A pack a day shock why don't you use a damp cloth? Then you're sending less rubbish to landfill.

CunfuddledAlways Fri 19-Jun-15 20:52:38

I use reuseable wipes from the £1 shop, get six in a pack, I bought blue for bum, pink for face and green for general wiping. So much easier and I know there are no chemicals etc.

Ummmmgogo Fri 19-Jun-15 20:56:15

I hate the new huggies wipes they left soap on my babies skin. Can anyone recommend some good disposable wipes please? I have tried pampers and johnsons and I hated them even more than huggies!

LastOneDancing Fri 19-Jun-15 21:01:28

I like the aldi wipes better than any others I've tried - huggies are vile and leave bits.

But yes, I'd get some cheap microfibre cloths for wiping down babies and highchairs! You'll save a fortune and they do a much better job IME.

TwiggyHeart Fri 19-Jun-15 21:04:15

Essential Waitrose are cheap and good!

bonbonpixie Fri 19-Jun-15 21:28:20

Water Wipes are good.

Gwenci Fri 19-Jun-15 21:52:08

YA definitely NBU! I hate the new ones!! My DD squeezed soapy liquid all over the floor when she pulled loads out of the pack to wipe her doll with.

Though quite how my 21 month DD manages to get them out of the pack intact when I can't get the bloody things out whole is beyond me!

I miss the old wipes.

And I can't believe I just wrote that sentence in all seriousness. I need to get out more.

Pepperonipeteczar Fri 19-Jun-15 22:02:31

I love the asda own fragranced ones in the polka dot packaging

dillite Fri 19-Jun-15 22:03:56

I used to love Nature's whatever Natty something bio-degradable ones, when I still used wipes and nappies. Boots sell them. Not too soapy, never irritated my or my daughter's skin, no horrible perfume smell. Their nappies were the best as well.

SpendSpendSpend Fri 19-Jun-15 22:06:31

Oh bloody hell i ve just bought 12 packs of the new design ones.

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Jun-15 22:06:40

Hadn't noticed they'd changed to be honest!

JessicaRebeccaRabbit Fri 19-Jun-15 22:12:47

Thanks, glad I am not alone in my disappointment! Yep I do use cloths too, but travel loads so not too handy...anyhow had really just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed a difference so that has cleared it up.

Momzilla82 Fri 19-Jun-15 22:15:33

Sobs. Just got a box of 12 from ocado and hadn't noticed. May be overinvested in wipes. Need to get out more.grin

MissJoMarch Fri 19-Jun-15 22:20:25

Aldi's sensative ones are AMAZING. Better than old Huggies and don't flare my daughters eczema

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now