Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a good idea?

(21 Posts)
MarchLioness Fri 19-Jun-15 15:16:09

I'm currently at the stage of pregnancy where I'm prone to suffering from bad indigestion after meals. I'm using pregnancy as an excuse to 'eat for two' - so I often eat large pizzas, whole trifles (once!) and inevitably suffer bad bellyache afterwards. I then get my DP to rub my back to help me burp because I think it'll be excellent practice for him when it comes to winding the baby! If he's used to dealing with my indigestion- he'll be better at dealing with the baby's colic etc - or that's my logic anyway.
He has had to deal with all the unglamorous sides of my pregnancy but then that's what looking after young babies is all about - so he's well prepared!

whois Fri 19-Jun-15 15:19:01

That's weird. Really really creepy.

squoosh Fri 19-Jun-15 15:19:57

Is this you?

Jasonandyawegunorts Fri 19-Jun-15 15:21:00

Brilliant idea!
If you are an Adult Baby.
If so this is not the right website.

Meandyou150 Sat 20-Jun-15 16:50:26

confused ewwww

NRomanoff Sat 20-Jun-15 17:08:15

Is it a good idea that you train your dh to look after a baby, by looking after you, I'm the same manner he would a baby? Despite going out of your way to cause yourself and him more discomfort!

I really bloody hope this is a reverse

Altinkum Sat 20-Jun-15 17:11:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FanjoBean Sat 20-Jun-15 17:11:30

Hmm. I suffered terrible heartburn in pregnancy and if I thought getting my DP to rub my back would have helped, I'd have asked him to. I think it's the purposely eating enough to give you bellyache and then expecting him to want to sit there and wind you night after night that's a bit weird.

NurseRoscoe Sat 20-Jun-15 17:17:18

No, that's gross and creepy!

Also there is no need to eat for two in pregnancy. Especially junk like pizzas and trifle, all it will do is put loads of weight on and make you feel sluggish. Sorry to be blunt but if you stop eating like a pig then you probably won't get bellyache and stuff as badly, also your husband will pick it all up quickly enough when baby is here.

Fluffyears Sat 20-Jun-15 17:21:31

If you eat for two people you will end up the size of two people. It's not necessary at all. Good luck with gestational diabetes and trying to shift three stone with a newborn to care for!

catlovingdoctor Sat 20-Jun-15 17:22:44

When pregnant you don't NEED to eat for two. Stop being so self-indulgent!

OhEmGeee Sat 20-Jun-15 17:24:39

You don't need to eat for two, it's just an excuse to stuff your face. Eating for two is a myth.

MrsV2012 Sat 20-Jun-15 17:31:42

No. It's weird. You're pregnant, not incapacitated...surely you can manage to get your own wind up? Put down the trifle and try grin

BabyMurloc Sat 20-Jun-15 17:36:55

Either this is a windup or you need some help.

AdventureBe Sat 20-Jun-15 17:40:18

Is this one of those threads where OP is trying to be funny and everyone takes her deadly seriously?

Icimoi Sat 20-Jun-15 17:40:40

I had awful indigestion when pregnant. I was physically unable to eat things like pizza and trifle, let alone stuff myself with them: I would have immediately been sick. And, to be honest, someone rubbing my back would just have been annoying.

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 20-Jun-15 17:44:32

Is this one of those threads where OP is trying to be funny and everyone takes her deadly seriously?

No. This is one of those threads where OP is trying to be funny and everyone is trying desperately to figure out what exactly is funny about it.

One word should cover it.

Tragic.

The5DayChicken Sat 20-Jun-15 17:45:52

I've got creepy adult baby scenarios in my head. You're not also wearing a nappy and having him deal with it in order to prepare him for fatherhood are you?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 20-Jun-15 17:53:19

AIBU doesn't half get some shite posted these days.

Andrewofgg Sat 20-Jun-15 18:16:57

BabyMurloc Windup or wind-up?

silverglitterpisser Sat 20-Jun-15 21:18:08

Oh FFS. Op trying to make lighthearted about something - what has got in to u lot of grumps!? Unnecessarily mean.

OP, yabu but as much as some of the other posters on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now