Talk

Advanced search

More of a WWYD... Father's Day

(8 Posts)
IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 10:16:40

Long story short, am in the very early process of separating from H. He is still living here, and the DC haven't been told anything.

A few weeks ago I ordered a Father's Day gift. It is personalised and whilst my dd(3) doesn't know what it is, she is aware of Father's Day and is excited to give him the gift and wants to go buy a card today.
I actually feel totally fine about carrying on as I KNOW I'm only doing it for her, not him. But I know that he's going to see it as a olive branch.
So WWYD, carry on with the gift and card giving?
Probably seems like a stupid post by I'm very confused at the moment and am second guessing myself constantly

WorraLiberty Fri 19-Jun-15 10:18:09

Why can't your child make him a card?

That way you can hand the present over with it, and make it clear you ordered it a while back.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Fri 19-Jun-15 10:20:02

Let your dd give the gift.
Stay out of the way when she does, so it is clear that the gift is from her, not you.
Explain to dd that it is her special gift to daddy. Dd has to fuss daddy today while mummy does boring things.

Hobby2014 Fri 19-Jun-15 10:22:38

I think I still would give the gift and card as its from the dc not you. (Even though you've bought it). My mum and dad weren't together for most of my life but the other one would always either buy presents/cards from me when tiny or help me when I got older.

IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 10:24:35

She saw a very specific card in the local post office she wants. We were going to go buy it today. I'm happy to buy it (£1).

Good advice about removing myself from the situation. Thanks. I'm going to do that.

redshoeblueshoe Fri 19-Jun-15 10:31:54

Why don't you just say to him - DD will be giving you a present and card on Sunday - it means a lot to her it is not from me

IsItEnough Fri 19-Jun-15 10:36:49

Because he is not a very pleasant person and will use any interaction like that to cause a blazing row and I'm trying to avoid that type of behaviour right now.

redshoeblueshoe Fri 19-Jun-15 13:39:06

Sorry I've only just seen your reply. Here flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now