Talk

Advanced search

Done to death I don't doubt but Aibu. To ask

(201 Posts)
Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 18-Jun-15 23:47:18

What is the inspiration behind your user name.
Mine is my love of the sea tranquility lighthouses and of course no light house would be complete without a ghost

GinBunny Thu 18-Jun-15 23:50:01

I saw a thread where someone referred to gym bunnies. I hate the gym, but love gin and bunnies.
I love some of the usernames on here and wish I was a bit more imaginative grin

DoJo Thu 18-Jun-15 23:50:59

See, I always assumed yours was inspired by 'Round the Twist'. Mine is just a version of another username that I had on another website which I realised at the last minute I didn't want to be traceable on as I used it for work...!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 18-Jun-15 23:52:48

Aww. You could be me. I love Gin well anything going really and adore cutesy iccle baby bunnies. grin
meh hate the gym though.

Discopanda Thu 18-Jun-15 23:55:17

I've seen your username on other threads OP and I thought it was a 'Round the Twist' reference! Mine is inspired by the best name EVER...

DiseasesOfTheSheep Thu 18-Jun-15 23:56:12

Because on the Chalk, you can't be a halfway decent witch without being well acquainted with the diseases of the the sheep - and their remedies!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 18-Jun-15 23:59:59

Oh please do enlighten me about the Round the twist reference.
Mind you I am round the twist so I can see how you've mAde the assumption grin

BettyCatKitten Fri 19-Jun-15 00:00:42

Betty, dh's pet name for me and I have cats and kittens, we're feline friends here!

Um... I smoke roll ups and drink decaff - no creativity there. GinBunny is good one smile

chippednailvarnish Fri 19-Jun-15 00:02:18

Because I always have...

HowDoesThatWork Fri 19-Jun-15 00:03:48

I ask questions.

cariadlet Fri 19-Jun-15 00:03:50

Because on the Chalk, you can't be a halfway decent witch without being well acquainted with the diseases of the the sheep - and their remedies!

I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself for not getting the reference in your username until I read that.

BettyCatKitten Fri 19-Jun-15 00:04:14

Btw I loved 'Round the twist'

DiseasesOfTheSheep Fri 19-Jun-15 00:05:24

To be fair, cariadlet, I could just be very interested in sheep and their ailments wink

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 19-Jun-15 00:05:46

Aww, Betty. You have cute kittens. I'm so jealous. Give them a squeeeeeeeeeeeeze from me. I love kittens. Oh I could eat them

AgathaChristie01 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:07:26

Big fan of Agatha Christie here.

travertine Fri 19-Jun-15 00:09:32

Relates to my job.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 19-Jun-15 00:12:07

From tv show Malcolm in the Middle. Thinking of changing it to Beverly Goldberg, my new favourite tv mum!

mileend2bermondsey Fri 19-Jun-15 00:12:08

I used to live in Bermondsey and my DP lived in Mile End so I spent a lot of time going back between the two.

Stratter5 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:13:09

Someone had already nicked TaggieCampbellBlack

crikeylou Fri 19-Jun-15 00:16:15

Just love the word Crikey - my late DM used to use it instead of swear words and brings back good memories

RuggerHug Fri 19-Jun-15 00:16:17

I typed too fast and meant to type RuggerPug. because I love rugby and pugs. but I stuck with a rugger hugger comment I got in work. not witty, but I don't post enough to feel I need meaning

TwinkieTwinkle Fri 19-Jun-15 00:16:43

This thread has devastated me. OP, I always thought your username was a reference to Round the Twist. Utterly gutted it's not. sad

Fatmomma99 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:16:51

My user name is self-describing, but dull. I'm trying to work on it (the name and the person who posts).

The reference to on the Chalk and the Sheep means it's from the late and much-missed Terry Pratchett.

DiseasesOfTheSheep - funny you should post - I was considering starting a thread titled "is it too soon to name our favorite?" (mine would be anything with Tiffany, the Wee Free Men or Granny W in it. Or Mort)

Fatmomma99 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:19:16

LoisWilkersonsLastNerv My DD LOVES the Goldbergs, but I HATE the "mom". She's SO utterly PA, manipulative, etc. I just don't get it. And don't you feel how smotherly she is makes her a LOUSY parent? I do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now