Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask what you've found in you'd DCs belly buttons?

(10 Posts)
MummySparkle Thu 18-Jun-15 19:32:16

DD was 1 last week. I've noticed a black scab in her belly button for a while, but I couldn't dislodge it. Last week I went in with tweezers and got a little bit out, but noticed another smaller or so I thought bit further in.

I've just gone in with the tweezers again and pulled out something that was well and truly twisted into the knot of her belly button. I'm pretty sure it was the last bit of her cord stump shock

My poor baby has had that there for a whole year, must've been uncomfy for her!

What random / gross / downright odd things have you found in your DCs belly buttons? Please tell me I'm not the only one

MummySparkle Thu 18-Jun-15 19:33:35

* 'your' in the title, not 'you'd' blush

Ethylred Thu 18-Jun-15 22:21:21

If you undo a baby's belly button like that you void the warranty.

Fact.

IUseAnyName Thu 18-Jun-15 22:24:48

Haha ethy!....

Ive found nothing in dcs but there was something in mine that I just couldnt get to, even with cotton buds and a thorough wash/soak. It was there for 3 months! Then I fell pregnant and managed to get it in my 8th month as my button popped out smile..... It was tiny and blue, no idea what it was!

IgnoreMeEveryOtherReindeerDoes Thu 18-Jun-15 22:25:28

grin Ethylred

DD had bit of scab in her belly button but its not as nice as picking fluff out of babies toes.

DS has an outie so he will never get a sweaty belly button

MummySparkle Thu 18-Jun-15 23:32:38

Oh shit ethylred Does that mean I can't take her back?!!

Lioninthesun Thu 18-Jun-15 23:39:01

Dd is convinced a tiny grey stone is still in her very deep inny - 3.9yo - and complains about tummy aches being 'cos of the stone' grin I've reassured her that one day when she is pg her button will pop out and then the stone will be gone for sure! grin

MayPolist Thu 18-Jun-15 23:49:31

a bookcase

Fatmomma99 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:32:15

What I've fished out of my DH's is much, much worse.....

Denimwithdenim00 Fri 19-Jun-15 00:40:05

Not belly button but dd did have something white hanging from her nose aged 2. I pulled it and it was a long long piece of sphagetti!

She had eaten spaghetti Bol for tea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now