Talk

Advanced search

Travel and DD?

(8 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Thu 18-Jun-15 18:25:27

DD volunteers her time to help out with local brownie pack.

She loves it and the girls love her.

Tonight they have gone on a trip 40 minutes drive away. They'll only be there 90 minutes meaning almost as soon as DH comes back from dropping her off I'll have to go and get her (I was feeding DD and couldn't take her and he had to come back as promised to practice an activity with DS that I can't do).

Do you think I'm wrong to be a bit miffed that no one thought of factoring DD into their travel arrangements?

PotteringAlong Thu 18-Jun-15 18:28:09

Why couldn't she go with the rest of them? How did they all get there?

LIZS Thu 18-Jun-15 18:29:21

Did you ask if any of the leaders could give her a lift?

Madamecastafiore Thu 18-Jun-15 18:32:04

They all went between parents and leaders.

DD says she did ask but was told there wasn't space.

I think next time she won't be helping out if that's their attitude.

Noodledoodledoo Thu 18-Jun-15 18:34:33

Might be worth a word with leaders I would always ensure YL could get there normally with me first option.

PtolemysNeedle Thu 18-Jun-15 18:38:40

If there wasn't space then there wasn't space. They can't magic up extra space in a car if there's none to be had, and I'd expect brownies to take priority over YLs in the space there is available.

It's a shame, but I doubt it was done deliberately.

SoupDragon Thu 18-Jun-15 18:46:00

How were they meant to magic up space if there wasn't any?

DS helps at Beavers. If there isn't space for him to get a lift, he can't go (the beaver leader knows this). I have to get DD to dance at the same time so I can't take him.

SoupDragon Thu 18-Jun-15 18:47:02

If it's at the scout hut, he just walks there himself. It's only off site activities that he can't do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now