Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be utterly pig sick of still having the heating on in June!

(173 Posts)
Dowser Thu 18-Jun-15 16:58:25

Every year it seems to be the same, we have the longest day June 21 or thereabouts and you can count on one hand how many days you've actually spent not wearing a cardi, shrug, light jacket or warm fleece and have gone bare legged in sandals and a sun dress.

So far my tally is one!

We've had a couple of days away and the house is freezing. The warmest room ie the one with only 1 outside wall shows a temp of 19 which means the other rooms ie the living room is about 14 .

So with leaden grey skies outside, and a shower of rain...the heating is well and truly on.

SaucyJack Thu 18-Jun-15 16:59:03

Where do you live?!

Justtrying Thu 18-Jun-15 17:00:05

Heating on here too Op

FancyPuffin Thu 18-Jun-15 17:00:49

I'm jealous! Whereabouts do you live? It's been roasting here (Kent coast) for a few weeks.

I hate it angry <--- my face colour from overheating.

jollygoose Thu 18-Jun-15 17:00:52

we live on the south coast and I have not had the heating on for weeks and a now in tshirts no cardi

Jollyphonics Thu 18-Jun-15 17:01:21

I'm in the midlands and we've got all the windows open and is roasting!

hoobypickypicky Thu 18-Jun-15 17:03:56

I hate to tell you this but it's beautiful here in the home counties. A white clouded blue sky, sunshine and warm enough for vest tops.

I don't want it any cooler. I detest cold weather so I feel sorry for you.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 18-Jun-15 17:04:53

Heating on here too, Clyde coast.

iwantgin Thu 18-Jun-15 17:08:48

Cold here too (W Yorkshire). I've only turned the heating offfor about four days this year.

keepitsimple0 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:10:50

I hate cold weather and draughty housing.

bring on the warm weather. it's been nice in London. heating has been off for a few weeks.

Sirzy Thu 18-Jun-15 17:11:45

I'm north west and haven't had the heating on for ages. Other than yesterday weather had been fairly good for a few weeks

SurlyCue Thu 18-Jun-15 17:14:30

Whaaat?? I havent had heating on since march! I've been like boil in the bag rice these past couple of weeks! It is gorgeous but boiling. Although saying that, exMIL had her fire lit yesterday and she lives 5 miles away confused

Mamiof3 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:15:04

Cold here too had a fleece on today. North west

vodkanchocolate Thu 18-Jun-15 17:18:59

My friend was on about this yesterday says she still has heating on in a morning!!! I cant understand it tbh, We havent had ours on at all since early April would of been earlier if hubby had his way, shouldnt need to start using it again until October/novermber time now.

If we get chilli just stick an hoodie or a cardie on, or stick a throw over your duvet smile

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 18-Jun-15 17:19:54

I'm wearing shorts, it's roasting here! <Another south coast dweller>

When we went to Derbyshire for May half term though, we could have done with hats and gloves, it was freezing on higher ground.

mummylin2495 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:21:25

South west here and it's lovely and warm all windows open , no heating needed here for a few weeks now. I hope you all get some sunshine soon.

ArseForElbow Thu 18-Jun-15 17:21:41

Mine as been off since March but I am feeling the cold today (Scotland).

prepperpig Thu 18-Jun-15 17:22:28

East midlands here and is been boiling all day (although house is still bloody freezing due to stupid cavity wall insulation)

ImADonkeyOnTheEdge Thu 18-Jun-15 17:23:29

Effing freezing here too with the usual obligatory annoying wind.

Welcome to sunny Newcastle... I fear summer has already passed us by (we had a few nice days in April I suppose I should be grateful for)

SewingAndCakes Thu 18-Jun-15 17:24:01

Cold here too for the last three days in Rossendale and I'm thinking of putting the heating on although I'm trying not to. It's 13 degrees in my kitchen so I'm doing pies and mash for tea as if it's autumn...

tormentil Thu 18-Jun-15 17:25:17

West of Scotland - socks, raincoat and winter boots to go to the end of term service this afternoon.

Dowser Thu 18-Jun-15 17:26:25

I'm in the north and I'm not talking a fortress in the outer Hebrides.

I'm in a modern 40 year old dwelling with cavity and loft insulation and double glazed doors and windows.

Believe me we are not in the put on a jumper if you're chilly camp , the house just feels chilled.

I would love to be in Kent. I'd suck it up like a green tomato in a greenhouse.

You'd hear no complaints from me.

The only time theres a little moan is if the temp goes to 28 or over which happened for one day last year and that was very rare.

We had a lovely day last Thursday. Sundress and bare legs.

londonrach Thu 18-Jun-15 17:30:02

Where you live. Dont think ive had the heating on since january. Sitting here with window open.

PavlovaPalaver Thu 18-Jun-15 17:30:07

Winter coat weather today in south(ish) west(ish) of Scotland. Tis utterly shite.

Dowser Thu 18-Jun-15 17:32:48

We had a lovely day at dinburgh zoo made unpleasant on Saturday because it was freezing cold and to make matters worse is on a hill. I wore thick tights, boots, a dress, thin cardigan, thick fleece and anorak.

The only difference between what I wore that day and a winter day is the thickness of the tights and boots and I would have had a hat and scarf.

We ate our lunch at a picnic table near the dinosaurs . There was no shelter and my fingers were freezing.

After two nights away the warmest room inmy house was 16!

Nowhere do you see a greater north/ south divide than with the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now