AIBU to think that if you can't tell me what you want,then you take what you get?

(5 Posts)
TillHammerZeit Thu 18-Jun-15 12:51:30

This may be a petty complaint,but it's really irritating me. A friend and family member are both guilty of this,and often. I say I'm going to the shop. They ask me to get them a sweet,or some other snack but when asked what kind they say 'Oh it doesn't matter' I ask for a few options so I get them something they'll enjoy only to be told that anything will do.

Inevitably when I return with the item they've chosen they complain that they don't really like that,or they weren't really in the mood for a chocolate bar.

WIBU to shove said confectionery item in a rather tender place? Or bring back something I know they hate. Or more likely just refuse to get them anything?

ProbablyMe Thu 18-Jun-15 12:54:22

YANBU! This annoys me too. It's on a par with asking people if they want tea or coffee and getting told "I'll have whatever you're making" only to be met with a bit of a cat bum mouth when you hand the drink over. Just tell me what you want!!!

Reignbeau Thu 18-Jun-15 12:55:10

I'd stop telling them when you are going to the shop. Let the ungrateful twats go themselves.

Walkacrossthesand Thu 18-Jun-15 13:02:06

If that happened once, it would be the last time. The next time I would say 'what do you want me to get you from the shop' & if they said 'anything' I'd say 'that's what you said last time & then you grumbled at what I got, so it's specific item or nothing this time'. Some people like playing silly power games & I haven't got patience for it!!

paulapompom Thu 18-Jun-15 13:48:55

You could bring back a totally random item, and say "you said get you anything - here's a tin of peas' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now