Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that if you can't tell me what you want,then you take what you get?

(5 Posts)
TillHammerZeit Thu 18-Jun-15 12:51:30

This may be a petty complaint,but it's really irritating me. A friend and family member are both guilty of this,and often. I say I'm going to the shop. They ask me to get them a sweet,or some other snack but when asked what kind they say 'Oh it doesn't matter' I ask for a few options so I get them something they'll enjoy only to be told that anything will do.

Inevitably when I return with the item they've chosen they complain that they don't really like that,or they weren't really in the mood for a chocolate bar.

WIBU to shove said confectionery item in a rather tender place? Or bring back something I know they hate. Or more likely just refuse to get them anything?

ProbablyMe Thu 18-Jun-15 12:54:22

YANBU! This annoys me too. It's on a par with asking people if they want tea or coffee and getting told "I'll have whatever you're making" only to be met with a bit of a cat bum mouth when you hand the drink over. Just tell me what you want!!!

Reignbeau Thu 18-Jun-15 12:55:10

I'd stop telling them when you are going to the shop. Let the ungrateful twats go themselves.

Walkacrossthesand Thu 18-Jun-15 13:02:06

If that happened once, it would be the last time. The next time I would say 'what do you want me to get you from the shop' & if they said 'anything' I'd say 'that's what you said last time & then you grumbled at what I got, so it's specific item or nothing this time'. Some people like playing silly power games & I haven't got patience for it!!

paulapompom Thu 18-Jun-15 13:48:55

You could bring back a totally random item, and say "you said get you anything - here's a tin of peas' grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: