Talk

Advanced search

To think you don't need 5 hours in a spa?

(7 Posts)
saresywaresy2 Thu 18-Jun-15 10:55:51

Me and my friend are going for a spa evening later. The spa is open 4-9. She is adamant that we have to set off at 3.30 to be there at opening time so that we can make the most of it. I would much rather do what we have done in the past - have tea and get there for 6pm. I'm worried that I'm going to be starving and bored by 7pm. I have agreed to her plan as she is emotional lately and i don't want to set her off, but inside i'm a bit ugh...

flora717 Thu 18-Jun-15 10:57:37

Is there a meal at the spa option? I spent 6 hours (!) For a hen party. I took a book. But the lunch took a good hour and a half.

saresywaresy2 Thu 18-Jun-15 11:00:57

There is a cafe, but I'm seriously skint and she isn't one for eating out, she says she's going to have a big lunch. I might have to smuggle in a flapjack.

MagicMojito Thu 18-Jun-15 11:16:51

Yabu envy
<jealous>

MissMuesli Thu 18-Jun-15 13:27:52

Me and my friend went 10 until 6 once. We had lunch there but we spent time lazy next the pool, we had a sleep on the sun lounger and another sleep in the sleep room. Time spent in the hot tubs etc meant that the day actually went really quickly. I'm always skint so it was lovely to make the most of it. I think YABU. Maybe meet up and have afternoon tea or lunch out if you are worried about being hungry.

FernGullysWoollyPully Thu 18-Jun-15 13:34:50

I'd say that you could easily spend that long there! DH and I had a couples massage and it was 2 hours long. That was only one treatment!

Can't you have a big lunch too?

MamaLazarou Thu 18-Jun-15 13:39:00

YABU, I could spend yonks in a spa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now