Talk

Advanced search

To be upset at DP accusing me of flirting?

(9 Posts)
Marilynz Wed 17-Jun-15 21:28:36

Yesterday DP made a snide remark about my exam results (due today). Tonight I began to tell him "so on placement today I was talking to the manager of the care home and he said .. " at this point DP rolled his eyes. I said "what?" And he replied "nothing, carry on, what did he say" (this was said really sarcastically). I continued "well he asked where I'd got my new job and ... " at this point he rolled his eyes again and laughed. I said "what???" And he replied "nothing, do continue telling me how you flirted with him".
I'm pretty pissed off. AIBU?

zarzlee71 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:29:47

sounds jealous hun x

CaptainAnkles Wed 17-Jun-15 21:29:58

Is he usually a controlling knobhead who thinks that you talking to another male is the same as wanting to shag them?

MammaTJ Wed 17-Jun-15 21:30:05

It is an odd thing to say, given the conversation. Has he got form for this?

Have you got form for flirting?

Only1scoop Wed 17-Jun-15 21:30:18

Yanbu

How belittling of him. Is he usually this dismissive and rude?

Marilynz Wed 17-Jun-15 21:53:25

He's been an absolute dick. Making out that I have some secret side to my career which means I have opportunities to flirt with men all the time. I'm a nurse ffs. You couldn't get a more female orientated career. Don't know why I bother.

CtrlAltDelicious Wed 17-Jun-15 21:57:02

Why are you with him?
Genuinely?

Justmuddlingalong Wed 17-Jun-15 22:01:45

YANBU. It sounds like he's threatened by you bettering yourself.

viva100 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:04:25

I read your other post too. He's jealous of your career. He doesn't want you to improve your life and become more independent so he's constantly putting you down.
he sounds horrible
Being a nurse is a demanding job and you will probably get nowhere with a partner sabotaging you
Get rid of this arsehole, enjoy your new lovely career (congratulations btw) and find a partner who respects and values you.

For what it's worth when I retrained in my current career which meant I was going to make more money than DH and be surrounded by men (male dominated profession), DH was incredibly proud of me. That's how good partners act.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now