Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIHBU to reach across the table and slap her?

(88 Posts)
Numtum Wed 17-Jun-15 20:07:26

Well not literally her but the knife and fork...

Cooked dinner for an ex colleague and his wife and when I put the food down she picked up HIS knife and fork and cut up his food.

He has no physical problems which would stop him being able to do it his damn self. I've seen him a million times cut up and eat his food.

What the actual fuck did I just witness?! He's 41! I would ask if IABU but quite honestly I simply wouldn't accept such a statement.

I'm shock

NorbertDentressangle Wed 17-Jun-15 20:08:48

haha did she forget she was with her DH and not a toddler DC?

DextersMistress Wed 17-Jun-15 20:08:48

shock

FenellaFellorick Wed 17-Jun-15 20:09:25

Do they have small children?

It's the sort of thing I would do when my children were toddlers.

Start to cut up an adult's food, realise what I'm doing then decide that it's simply less embarrassing to pretend it hasn't happened grin

I used to point out interesting things on buses.

My toddlers weren't there.

I blame the sleep deprivation.

Roomba Wed 17-Jun-15 20:10:48

Whaaaat? How on earth did you not say something?

They don't have a toddler, do they? That's the only excuse I can think of - if she just cut up his food on auto pilot. Mind you, I assume he would have said 'Er, what are you doing?' in that instance...

Oldraver Wed 17-Jun-15 20:15:42

Did he just let her ?

chocomochi Wed 17-Jun-15 20:16:16

I do point it airplanes and trains to my DH even when DCs are asleep in the car, forgetting that he's not as interested as they are blush So maybe she did it on auto-mode?

partialderivative Wed 17-Jun-15 20:16:23

I would have found it hard to not giggle and then start crying with snorting and other tongue biting embarrassing noises.

TheHobbit Wed 17-Jun-15 20:19:08

My DP cuts my steak for me in neat little blocks! If I cut it the meat goes flying off the plate and makes a mess everywhere im a very messy eater so its easier if he does it and he's a chef so does it quickly. Maybe he's thexsame and didn't want to make a mess as its embarrassing when everything flies off your plate.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 17-Jun-15 20:20:16

I nearly tried to strap my friend inot the car when I was giving her a lift. I am not used to having competant passengers in the car. blush

ChrisMooseAlbanians Wed 17-Jun-15 20:20:45

grin

ChrisMooseAlbanians Wed 17-Jun-15 20:21:50

I called my grandfather "a very good boy" for eating all his dinner today. He is 64 tomorrow grin

RackofPeas Wed 17-Jun-15 20:23:09

Said 'Ooh look a Porsche!' in a car park recently. Then remembered I was with friends and not my car mad son.

Most likely its toddler autopilot. Dh came over to me and wiped my nose once, wandered off and then I heard him say 'What the hell did I just do?'. I was too shocked to speak, then I was laughing too hard!

I would have said something to her, along the lines of 'Are you ok? Has your dh picked up a wrist injury?'

RackofPeas Wed 17-Jun-15 20:23:10

Said 'Ooh look a Porsche!' in a car park recently. Then remembered I was with friends and not my car mad son.

Most likely its toddler autopilot. Dh came over to me and wiped my nose once, wandered off and then I heard him say 'What the hell did I just do?'. I was too shocked to speak, then I was laughing too hard!

I would have said something to her, along the lines of 'Are you ok? Has your dh picked up a wrist injury?'

ollieplimsoles Wed 17-Jun-15 20:23:17

What the actual fuck op.

Just get up, calmly walk over to the front door, open it, and say 'get the hell off my property'

Numtum Wed 17-Jun-15 20:23:55

No children and he moved his seat back slightly to accommodate her elbows. I sat with my mouth open and just watched with morbid fascination. He thanked her...

I was more shock I'm not quite sure what I just witnessed.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Wed 17-Jun-15 20:24:09

There is probably a thread somewhere on here, or about to be written, saying something like "Please tell me your most embarrassing moments to help me feel better. I was just out for dinner at ex-colleague's house and suddenly realised for no reason whatsoever I had cut up my DH's dinner for him. She will think we are both a pair of weirdos. Help!!" grin

SiobhanSharpe Wed 17-Jun-15 20:24:43

Perhaps he has awful table manners, holds knife like a pencil etc so it is fairly useless as a cutting implement, and she was fed up with him looking like a knob? Although he still looks like a knob, tbh and so does she

m0therofdragons Wed 17-Jun-15 20:28:00

How did you not ask? I don't think I could have stopped my question coming out.

ollieplimsoles Wed 17-Jun-15 20:28:01

What was for dinner OP?

Eigg Wed 17-Jun-15 20:28:51

I think I would have stayed silent but shared a twinkly look with my DH

Numtum Wed 17-Jun-15 20:36:17

I couldn't ask. I couldn't speak. I don't think I ate mouthful until 5 minutes later!

I want to bleach my eyeballs! I'll never look at them the same again grin

Numtum Wed 17-Jun-15 20:38:59

It was spicy chicken korma. It was cut pretty small...

TheReluctantCountess Wed 17-Jun-15 20:40:44

That's really weird and not at all normal.

Numtum Wed 17-Jun-15 20:44:04

I'm going to have to ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now