Talk

Advanced search

To have my csection alone

(4 Posts)
layla888 Wed 17-Jun-15 11:22:59

On the 7th I'm going in for my third csection and just want to do it alone this time. I had such an awful experience last time the anesthetic didn't work properly and left me pain for days after. I got two bed sores in hospital and my scar opened up and got infected. I didnt have pnd but i littrally started to think odd things like I was going to die all the time and had some sort of odd life crisis. I started doing stuff off my bucket list etc I know it sounds crazy. DH never really makes me feel any better or really even listens to me and I just feel like I can cope better on my own. Also it's ds4 taster day at school and mil said she's taken a few days off to stay round and help out but she never feeds my boys properly just gives them crap to eat bags of crisps and all the chocolate they want. Every time she looks after them she littrally never cooks the meals I have for them. I also can't trust her to take ds to school as I know she would let him stay at home if he moans. I feel selfish but I just don't want her or anyone else staying round when I get home. AIBU?

Purringkittenmama Wed 17-Jun-15 11:37:53

No, not unreasonable- if you're sure it's what you want. But will it lead to more problems with DH later on? And perhaps it is useful to have someone with you to fight your corner/ communicate any concerns if any issues arise while you are in hospital. From what I remember of my csection, it involved the medical team present trying to persuade me not to do it even though it had all been arranged with consultant beforehand etc. (went into labour a couple of days before elective date). Tbh it felt like they were putting me under a lot of pressure, and it did help to have someone else there who was on my side. But ultimately it is your body, and you have to do what is best for you. Good luck.

hibbledibble Wed 17-Jun-15 11:41:13

What does your dh think? It's only fair he has a say too.

As for the mother in law feeding your boys junk, that is annoying but for 1 day it will be fine. Just make sure she brushes their teeth!

GoodToesNotSoGoodToes Wed 17-Jun-15 11:43:29

If you have someone supportive to be with you then take them instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now