to be really confused about thinking of moving to Bognor Regis?

(108 Posts)
Confusedmartie999 Wed 17-Jun-15 07:59:41

Currently live in Horsham, son has a lovely catholic school to start in September, one intake of 30 a year.
Problem is there is no catholic secondary school anywhere near which is a problem for us being a practising family.
The secondary's near are leatherhead ( could never afford ) and barnham ( a good option as my mother and brother are in Chichester.
We are stuck in a tenancy until March now however the local catholic primary do have a place and he could start in January as oppose to September so only 2 months of driving the 60 mile round trip.
We would then have to really hope that a decent rental came up at the time we need it as the journey is too far / will cost too much in petrol to do for any longer than those 2 months.
My issue is that the school we have got id high performing, 90% of children achieving level 4 or above as oppose to 48% in the other one. The other one also teach in mixed ability classes through year 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 which the current one dont and on our visit to the new possible one the headteacher informed me that currently around 50% of children are non English speaking on entry ( mainly Eastern European ) which was almost used as the reason for the low results.
The upside would be being closer to family, affording a 3 bed rental rather than 2 bed and hopefully the children would make some friends they would take over to secondary whereas here they won't have anyone starting secondary with them as the kids all go onto either private education or single sexed schools neither of which we can do / want.
I'm really confused, my husband says 5 years is a long time to go to a not great school ( he mainly disliked the fact that because it's right in bognor town it's very comcrete and they have no grass playing areas whereas the current one has masses ) and my mum says to think of the kids at 11 knowing nobody going to secondary school :-(

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 17-Jun-15 08:04:46

Seriously? Again?

Can I just ask, OP, why you keep on posting the same thread/questions despite the fact you get the same answers every time?

ovumahead Wed 17-Jun-15 08:06:08

Isn't there a Catholic secondary school in Haywards heath?

Happyringo Wed 17-Jun-15 08:06:26

Oh my god, another thread about West Sussex?

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 17-Jun-15 08:08:02

How many times have you asked this question?

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 17-Jun-15 08:08:51

The Catholic secondary in Haywards Heath closed some years ago and moved to Burgess Hill I think.

SaucyJack Wed 17-Jun-15 08:15:43

Are you OK OP? This is getting a bit strange now.

You don't have to move to Bognor if you don't want to.

Confusedmartie999 Wed 17-Jun-15 08:15:59

Because it gets others opinions which I find helpful.
The only others are Crawley ( wouldn't consider ) leatherhead ( couldn't afford ) or burgess hill ( lived there for a while and hated it so wouldn't return )

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 17-Jun-15 08:21:14

OP in the nicest possible way no one can make this decision for you. This is maybe the 4th thread I've seen asking exactly the same questions (and I'm sure will get exactly the same answers).
You need to weigh up the pros and cons for you as a family and make a decision. Mumsnet cannot do this for you.

QueenofallIsee Wed 17-Jun-15 08:21:14

For christs sake, fuck off with your bizarre Bognor obsession.

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 17-Jun-15 08:22:45

Because it gets others opinions which I find helpful

Clearly not true because you're not taking them in at all. So what's the real reason?

ActiviaYoghurt Wed 17-Jun-15 08:28:31

Guildford?

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 17-Jun-15 08:31:53

You can't be finding them particularly helpful if you are still posting asking the same questions?

pinkdelight Wed 17-Jun-15 09:07:37

What Queenof said! truly bizarre...

SaucyJack Wed 17-Jun-15 09:17:58

But anyone who had anything helpful to say will already have posted it on one of the previous ten threads you've already posted on the subject. Not to mention that you ignore it all anyway.

If you're mentally well then you're actually just being spectacularly fecking rude by posting the same thread over and over and over. Would you do this on a night out with friends?

SaucyJack Wed 17-Jun-15 09:21:57

*by this I mean keep on drawing conversation back to yourself and your worries once it's moved on.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 17-Jun-15 09:25:20

Anyone else hoping that Bognor falls into the sea just so this horror can end?

teeththief Wed 17-Jun-15 09:35:02

Anyone else hoping that Bognor falls into the sea just so this horror can end?

That made me actually laugh out loud.

I don't read many threads but even I know this same question has been asked by the same poster too many times a few times already!

Why not just bump your original post up rather than starting a new one every bloody week

SaucyJack Wed 17-Jun-15 09:38:39

I've been hoping that for years anyway Armani.....

Bognor's a dump full of UKIPpers. I totally get why anyone would have reservations about moving there.

NoisyOyster Wed 17-Jun-15 09:39:08

Seriously op even I know you've asked this thread at least four times over how many weeks

Either take the advise from the previous threads or stop posting the same question over and over. It's ridiculous

Thymeout Wed 17-Jun-15 09:41:25

'Bugger Bognor!' - the last words of George V.

SylvaniansAtEase Wed 17-Jun-15 09:49:59

Move to Berwick upon Tweed instead??

Also begins with a B, so you should be fine.

MyballsareSandy Wed 17-Jun-15 09:55:26

Sweet Jesus, really! again!

MyballsareSandy Wed 17-Jun-15 09:56:04

Bognor Regis is a shit hole.

lilacblossomtime Wed 17-Jun-15 09:57:07

I see this has been asked before grin but if you are happy where you are why not wait until your son is older and move in time for secondary school, there will be a lot of new kids going to the Catholic school from other areas and many travel some distance to get there, so it will not be a difficult time to change. You could look at other nearby towns as well as Bognor to live in if he went to that school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now