Talk

Advanced search

Booking time off work

(9 Posts)
completelydisappear Tue 16-Jun-15 18:27:30

I've recently got a new job and I've requested a week off in September. All fine but because I'm working one late shift I have to find cover myself.

I've never had this before. I've always had it where you get X amount of days off and as long as they weren't under staffed that day you got if off.

Aibu to think it's unfair I've got to find cover for time off that I'm entitled to?

Loletta Tue 16-Jun-15 18:55:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MagpieCursedTea Tue 16-Jun-15 19:03:20

If you asked for a day off at short notice, I might ask you to see if you could arrange cover but not that far in advance. I'm surprised your rota is done for September! What sort of work is it?

QueenPineapple Tue 16-Jun-15 19:06:49

Go for it girl!

Fluffyears Tue 16-Jun-15 19:28:39

My DP works every 8th weekend plus one early shift and one late shift a month. If he wants a holiday when he is on any of these shifts he must get someone to cover his out of ordinary hours shift so it's not unusual.

Fluffyears Tue 16-Jun-15 19:29:25

Plus his rota is done for a year in advance.

chipsandpeas Tue 16-Jun-15 19:42:58

i used to have to do it in a job a few years back, when i was on lates and weekends i had to find cover (rota was made up about 6-8weeks in advance)

Skiptonlass Tue 16-Jun-15 19:43:26

I always have to arrange my own cover - thus I can rarely take the times I actually want, and it is a great way of my management denying holiday without actually denying it... It does suck sad

Littlef00t Tue 16-Jun-15 20:03:51

I think though that if you're starting a new job it's standard to honour pre-booked AL, and you shouldn't be expected to sort out cover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now