Talk

Advanced search

Revving motorbikes

(6 Posts)
Stinkylinky Mon 15-Jun-15 16:58:24

We have a row of garages behind our house and a few men from the area share a garage for their bikes. Every night they get their bikes out to look at them and rev the engines over and over again then put them away. Is there any reasoning behind this?

ApignamedJasper Mon 15-Jun-15 17:03:47

I have no idea but I am in a similar position in that my place backs onto a garage that is used by a few men who have 'banger' cars for rallys and demoltion derby type stuff so they mostly look like broken down wrecks. Every now and again I hear the sound of power tools going for hours and car engines revving and then it all stops for a few weeks. No idea what they are doing with them but the noise is incredible and annoying. They never seem to actually drive them anywhere!

You would think if they like the sound of the engines revving so much they would actually ride the bikes, wouldn't you?

Imustgodowntotheseaagain Mon 15-Jun-15 18:00:24

Proxy for comparing penis size grin

BettyCatKitten Mon 15-Jun-15 18:30:55

Willy waving!

butterfly133 Mon 15-Jun-15 19:32:13

I used to have this problem with one neighbour. He was adamant that the bike "needed" to be revved for about 45 minutes once a week because it didn't get used often enough, and the only compromise we were able to sort was the timing - he habitually did it at 8am on a Saturday morning. He switched to doing it in the afternoon but I'm not at all convinced he was telling the truth that it "needed" to be done.

He moved but with hindsight I think it would have been wise to consult Environmental Health or something. Maybe you should do that. There is also something in the law about the noise of engines - an ex with a motorbike told me that - apparently rarely enforced, but it is actually there?

ApignamedJasper Mon 15-Jun-15 23:22:39

If it 'needed' to be revved why didn't he just ride it? That would do the revving but without it having to be next to your house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now