Talk

Advanced search

to have a lazy day, meanwhile...

(6 Posts)
hearthattack Mon 15-Jun-15 15:48:05

It's DPs first day in a new job. I'm job hunting too (recently relocated) but I'm also 22 weeks pregnant and, frankly, knackered. I'm out of first trimester grimness, but still get days when I feel like someone pulled the plug out.

DP is spending all day working his guts out at a new, pretty physical, job - earning money for us and our soon to be little one. I've done some dishes, applied for a couple of jobs online (spoke to a recruitment consultant, one looks promising) and did some general life admin. We've just moved house an I have tons of jobs I could do. Not least planting out four massive buckets of plants I made him dig up and transport from our old garden. Things that the permanently active DP would no doubt love to be doing rather than being at work.

But on this first day with the house to myself, an achy bump and the lure of Corrie catch up, I want to do F-all and lay on the sofa for a bit.

Am I being a total cow??!

ImSoCoolNow Mon 15-Jun-15 15:49:41

YANBU listen to your body. Tomorrow you will feel better for it and may have more energy to complete the tasks. For now, though, it can wait

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Mon 15-Jun-15 15:51:08

Rest up and do it tomorrow.

Kittykatmacbill Mon 15-Jun-15 16:35:25

No rest up! Really relax and catch up before the arrival of your pfb. I totally didn't with my first utterly regret it. Feet up and don't move.

answersonapostcardplease Mon 15-Jun-15 16:39:20

Gosh no, make the most of it. I am having a lazy day too not pregnant

hearthattack Mon 15-Jun-15 19:54:33

Thanks everyone. I had a veggie pie for lunch, watched three episodes of corrie then when to bed with my book for an hour, so I took your advice! Must have been shattered, I slept for three hours. Cooking dinner for the breadwinner then an early night for me. Sod guilt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now