Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TO THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONTACT BT BY EMAIL!!!???!!!

(10 Posts)
MrsAngrysX Sun 14-Jun-15 21:41:14

My X is having problems with BT, so it's down to me to sort it out...

She has clearly been massively over-charged by BT for phone & broadband; she has been unable to get hold of a responsible adult by phone, but has been told to write, snail-mail, to an office in Durham; who will, in due course, snail-mail her a reply.

According to all of their marketing guff, BT is a major telecoms company, and one of the country's largest providers of e-mail services (In fact, the largest indigenous provider). And you can't contact them by email!!!

Does anyone out there know an e-mail address for a grown-up at BT who can sort out billing problems that have been going on for 3 months & about 1,000 phone calls (50% to BT & 50% to me about how useless BT are?)

Given that the uselessness of BT is just about the only point of agreement between XW & myself for some years, it would be nice to be able to guide her towards a reasonable & rational conclusion of at least one real-life situation...

Suefla62 Sun 14-Jun-15 21:45:07

Put it out on social media, they'll reply quick enough. They hate their dirty washing aired in public.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Sun 14-Jun-15 21:48:29

I emailed them through the contact us page, they didn't actually bother to respond though! I would recommend you keep copies of anything you write and a record of dates, phone calls, ect. Bt are seriously rubbish with their customer service.

toothlessoldhag Sun 14-Jun-15 21:49:37

YANBU. I'd go to the top if you're getting nowhere. Try the brilliant CEO contacts website. This might be the contact you need: BT Consumer Mr John Petter, Chief Executive john.petter@bt.com - and good luck with this. Two people in my circle have successfully used this as the only way of getting through.

chickenfuckingpox Sun 14-Jun-15 22:26:26

you can email them however they are crap when they are in the wrong although i did manage to get a debt removed from my ex it did take 18 months and an ombudsman in the end he never got a refund for his over-payment but at least they stopped charging him for an account he didnt have (long story but his account went to collections he paid it off at a lower rate then they decided he should pay his ex wifes debt too they didnt ask him they just continued taking payment until it was noticed then they blamed everyone else and refused to refund) they are shites

good luck

we had to go to the customer services tab and email them off that it was complicated

OllyBJolly Sun 14-Jun-15 22:31:33

I had 18 months of trouble from BT - tried every which way to get in touch. (the problem was no internet and poor landline)

Someone* gave me the CEO's email address (Ben Verwayeen at the time) and half hour after sending the email I had a call to my mobile and an engineers' visit next day.

The problem was traced to the exchange and it was resolved after 3 days, I got 18 months of line rental refunded plus a good will gesture of credit to my phone bill)

*from the Moneysavingexpert website

Good luck

SeenSheen Sun 14-Jun-15 22:42:42

Good luck with that - I always find it incredible that telecoms providers always insist there are no telephone numbers for he complaints department.

I'd second CEO contacts - I did this with Debenhams and got a reply almost instantly after months of being ignored.

My BT contract has finally come to an end and I am over the moon that I can now leave them. I do hope that their attitude and pathetic scripted call centre in India will be their undoing.

putthePuffindown Sun 14-Jun-15 23:09:52

If you're on twitter you can message @BTCare and they'll sort it out quickly. As the poster above said, airing dirty washing on social media tends to get a swift reaction.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 14-Jun-15 23:15:49

Last time I dealt with them was when my dad died last year, they have a online chat facility and they sorted out my questions/problems with an overcharge quickly.

hatters Sun 14-Jun-15 23:29:55

I've had e-mails from a few addresses, these two look like they should be read by a real person. You might get faster service with the CEO/Social Media route though!

residential.services@bt.com
ebilling@bt.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now