Talk

Advanced search

to ask 18th birthday ideas

(9 Posts)
ghostspirit Sun 14-Jun-15 16:46:01

im looking for 18th birthday ideas for my daughter. i was going to get her an over night stay at thorpe park with her boyfriend but thats going to work out to about 300 pounds.

i wont be doing an 18th party for her or a family type thing.

im more thinking or something her and her boyfriend can do together.

we are in london.thanks smile

Leeds2 Sun 14-Jun-15 18:03:12

Would they like something like Go Ape, or Air Kix (in Milton Keynes)?

Zoo Keeper for a day/animal experience.

Afternoon tea at one of the posh London hotels.

Theatre trip followed by dinner.

Walk over the top of the O2.

Gumnast2014 Sun 14-Jun-15 18:06:26

Day trip to another city? To Paris maybe if your in London

I would adore that or york or Edinburgh

DurhamDurham Sun 14-Jun-15 18:10:39

My daughter wanted to go to Amsterdam for a long weekend with her boyfriend so we paid for the flight and the accommodation. They had a great time and it's wasn't too expensive,definitely less than the £300 for one night at Thorpe Park.

We had a big family party the weekend before her birthday, she was 18 midweek and had an evening out with friends and then was off to Amsterdam.

She also had nights out with her workmates from her Saturday job and another with school friends.

I think in total her celebrations went on for almost 3 weeks grin

OurGlass Sun 14-Jun-15 18:13:18

Spa day and afternoon tea with an overnight stay at a local hotel? I would have loved that at 18 with my boyfriend - would have felt so grown up!

ghostspirit Sun 14-Jun-15 19:08:56

dont have passport sad

i been looking at spa type things/hotel stays.

i have been looking on woucher. do i need a printer to use woucher?

DurhamDurham Sun 14-Jun-15 21:19:31

I'm not completely sure but I think when my girls use the vouchers from Living Social etc they just have to show the code on their phones so you might not need a printer smile

ghostspirit Sun 14-Jun-15 21:33:14

i found blackpool but it takes 5 hours by train sad

thats what i was hoping durham

ghostspirit Mon 15-Jun-15 21:04:51

i manged to sort thorpe park stay in the end it was saying 300 because it was 2adults 2 children.

its 119 for 2 adults. because it said about printing i rang up. the guy on the phone said i dont need a printer but he will do it anyway. he tells me 140 i told him it was 119 he said no its not his system is more upto date than the one im using. he said if i try to do it on line it will be rejected unless i pay the 140. he also told me they dont take electron anyway...i said i would call back. i went back on line and paid 119 with my electron. only i did need a printer. got it sorted in the end.

i thought he was trying to con me out of 20.00 but is that possible if i was paying by card

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now